Join Login
Building ForumWhat's New

Granite benchtops

Page 3 of 3
This seems like the correct thread to ask the question.

I have been offered 3 lengths of granite for our kitchen. My uncles friend bought the granite to upgrade their kitchen but ended up selling the house before they were installed.

The 3 lengths are 660mm wide and:

2 X 2650mm long
1 X 2250mm long

The beauty is these lengths will work pretty well with the space we have for the kitchen. They are this colour.

They are asking $1500 for all 3. Does this seem reasonable?

I am still at the frame building stage so I haven't even looked into kitchen stuff and have no idea if they are worth grabbing at this price and storing for a couple of years.
Very pretty granite. Is it all like that or are there some dark patches from fossilised tree etc?

Price sounds pretty good at a guess. if you ring around a couple of granite places you might be able to get some pricing on buying from them and also costs for the following: Who will eventually do your installing? Is it exxy? Are there special tools/skills needed for cutting and fitting granite? can you take it to someone to get your sink and stove holes cut? As I suspect that's when the price starts to go up.

Love the look of it though.
Small pieces of granites are basically leftovers from jobs already done,granite comes in slabs 3metres or so long by 1.5-2metres,so all stonemasons or kitchen makers will be able to sell these already paid for leftover bits very cheaply,just have to ask
Related
1/03/2024
Is it possible to put granite on top of tile?

General Discussion

ley me know if anybody know about this

5/06/2024
Help with how to remove two granite boulders on vacant land

General Discussion

I'd try posting it on airtasker. I am sure you will find someone willing do take them for a couple of hundred $

You are here
Building ForumWhat's New
Home
Pros
Forum