Join Login
Building ForumWhat's New

Internal Glass Sliding Doors

Page 2 of 4
omg i love that so much. i want one sososososo bad now
Maybe ed could give us a rough ballpark figure, like just a guesstimate?
These are all just copies of a Dorma design, MFG do a copy of the same system:

http://www.mfgs.com.au/prod_manet_manual_sliding.shtml

They are in Kirrawee in Sydney. You will still need someone to install it for you though.
waylow
These are all just copies of a Dorma design, MFG do a copy of the same system:

http://www.mfgs.com.au/prod_manet_manual_sliding.shtml

They are in Kirrawee in Sydney. You will still need someone to install it for you though.

Oh my. Just around the corner, now I REALLY want one...
If you are in the area, ring neils glass service in peakhurst they use mfg
Thank you waylow.
love them
And someone like Architectural Glassworks can make the door for you once you have the sliding mechanism.

Andy
We are having something similar to this in our house (will be transclucent glass hung on exposed rollers), it is costing just under $3K. The door is 2400x1500.
Moogles
We are having something similar to this in our house (will be transclucent glass hung on exposed rollers), it is costing just under $3K. The door is 2400x1500.

Guess I won't be getting one of THOSE....

Love to see the pic of yours when it's installed though.
Ed????

Any ideas on price? They need a pelmet though
A pelmet would defeat the purpose of the manet system though. If you want a frameless glass slider and not see the track there are other systems out there that are much cheaper. The manet system rollers and arms can be adapted to a cheaper track that can be recessed into the ceiling. The reason they are so expensive is that the arms are made out of a stainless billet.
you could put me down for one - but not at 3k
waylow
A pelmet would defeat the purpose of the manet system though. If you want a frameless glass slider and not see the track there are other systems out there that are much cheaper. The manet system rollers and arms can be adapted to a cheaper track that can be recessed into the ceiling. The reason they are so expensive is that the arms are made out of a stainless billet.

Oh interesting, I thought it would be the glass that would make up most of he cost.
With frameless glass, the glass itself is always the cheapest part of the system!
OK, so MAYBE later on I might be able to afford one if I get cheaper slider thingos.

edit-typo
Just bumping this up so I can thank Waylow for the referral for Neil's Glassworks at Peakhurst. I have a person from this company coming out to give me a quote next week so I may finally be able to block off the laundry end from my bathroom. After 2 years of looking for solutions I am very optimistic.

Now to start saving.
Great NF make sure you tell us everything!
I really need a glass sliding door on the Theatre Room.
Great NF, cant wait to hear back from you. I will be getting a door like this for the area
between my WIR and Ensuite. I think that is the only place I want it for. I hope it all
goes well for you because Peakhurst close for me too and Ill go there
Nothing to report yet as our quote is not back.

As the fellow was leaving he did warn us to be prepared for it to be high. We had a quote for shoji screens for the same space ($4300
) so I am hoping it is less than that.

Also, he indicated it may fit better if we use the Hafele top sliding system, so depending on his calculations our quote may not be for the system we have been looking at on this thread.

His very rough estimate was that we are looking at 120 - 140 kilograms of glass so we have to have the strongest system we can get. I actually looked at the Hafele system 2 years ago so I feel I have wasted that time.

I'll update when the figures come in.
Related
3/02/2024
Flush Internal Doors

General Discussion

Okay, then the choice is really about the build quality of the door itself which means the brand name. Sorry I can't recommend one or the other so best to rely on comments…

15/06/2023
Sliding doors

Windows & Doors

We are looking for sliding doors which are 5 metres tall. There are a few European options. Any manufacturers in Australia or distributors?

5/09/2023
Sliding doors direction

General Discussion

Pls help! The black marks show where our outdoor entertaining area would be along side of house as we have an irregular backyard and want to make use of the side as…

You are here
Building ForumWhat's New
Home
Pros
Forum