Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Creeping Fig... good or bad idea?

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone, I'm in an apartment in Wolli Creek with a bleak, uninteresting balcony that I would like to turn into a garden.

My main aspect is east so lots of morning sun, but I also have a bit of north through louvres (see pictures).

To soften the two white balcony walls I was considering trying to grow ficus pumila, or creeping fig, to cover them. It's like a tiny miniature ivy, and if it's happy the two walls will end up looking like hedges.

Has anyone had experience growing creeping fig from a pot onto a wall? normally they're planted into the ground (which obviously I can't do).

I'll place some big planter pots around as well, but I really hate these white walls and would love them to "disappear."

happy to hear all opinions!
thanks
D

Cant see an issue. I grew quite a large passionfruit vine to cover a large offensively white wall when i lived in arncliffe. Id recommend getting a trainer that isnt the actual wall/balcony of your building though. You dont need any strata hassles.
thanks Redcali, I take your point about growing on a frame rather than direct onto the wall.
Related
20/09/2023
Zero Lot Issue & Need Idea

General Discussion

You must be new to the internet. You're also the only person anyone here has ever heard of washing their garage wall. I hate to break it to you, there are insects and…

15/08/2023
Is this a bad situation - easement and manhole on property

General Discussion

You might be able to apply to divert the sewer at your expense. In NSW you would contact a Water services co-ordinator and they would give you advice as to whether or not…

24/10/2023
Really really bad window installation

Windows & Doors

do not pay until you are satisfied with workmanship windows require flashing over the head archithrave and up under weatherboards

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum