Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Block wall cost

Page 1 of 1
Hi h1,

I am looking to have a small block wall installed at the boundary. The height of the wall will be between 600mm to 800mm and about 15m in length. I'd like to have concrete footings poured also. How much should I be looking at roughly for this (is there a general /Im or /sqm rate?). I expect there to be a little excavation and there is space for a kanga.

Thanks,
SS

Besser blocks S&I (with reinforcement and concrete pour) - $180-200 per sqm (+GST) without render.

Footings - roughly 250x600x15m=2.25 cu*$260=~$600 for concrete, $300 for reo and around $1000 for labour including excavation.

Plus pump cost for two pours (may be around $600-800 per pour).

So roughly around $5.5K+GST.
Plus engineer cost as it's very likely you'll need it for a wall that high so check with your council to see at what height they require engineering.

Generally engineering certification is required if the wall is above 1 m.
But Besser blocks reinforcement + footings reinforcement needs to be specified.
The footings will be likely be 1000 wide though, not 600.
alexp79
Generally engineering certification is required if the wall is above 1 m.
But Besser blocks reinforcement + footings reinforcement needs to be specified.
The footings will be likely be 1000 wide though, not 600.

My council requires them above 600. Just sayin.

Pro tip: we are using versawall from adbri masonry for our wall. They supply a technical data sheet that can be used to satisfy the requirement for engineering, as long as you build the wall to those specifications! It's not a requirement to engage a civil engineer to design a wall, at least in my council.

Guys. The rules regarding engineering also apply at any height wall (yes, even 30cm) within 1 metre of a boundary.

Related
23/01/2024
Besser Block retaining wall footing

Landscape & Garden Design

there is a standard besser block wall pdf somewhere online with footing sizes, also have a look at dincel.

15/11/2023
Internal brick wall vs plasterboard - cost and acoustic?

Building A New House

Thank you alexp79 and gommeqld for your advice, that's very helpful, thanks

7/03/2024
Retaining wall to garage wall

Building A New House

Thank you again Simeon.. I will call my certifier for that. Have a good day

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum