Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Empire Zoysia not looking so good

Page 1 of 1
Hi there,

We are located in Brisbane and our lawn was laid by professionally back in August / September 2016. It was looking good until recently.
This summer our grass is looking worse and need your help. It has some brown patches and some burnt patches. I wonder what is the cause and how could I rectify this? Could this be the lawn grubs' doing?

I have not put any treatment yet and thought to ask the experts here what are the most effective ways. I would like to keep it chemical free as much as possible.

I usually give them a drink of Seasol / Powerfeed / Molasses every month (last time was early Dec), but I have been slack recently with the heatwave. We had some heavy rain over the last few days.

Is there anything else that might help with this tired looking lawn?

I noticed there are layers of thatch developing and I am using a solid steel rake to remove them at the moment. Wonder what is the best effective way to tackle this without breaking my back?

Another question: What are ways to address uneven lawn? Can I use compost to even it out? Or do I need some organic top soil?

Thanks for all your help
Hopa

What happened with your lawn?
Would love to know what to do with this as I have an identical problem.

I have Empire Zoysia about 2 years old out back and some about 3 months old out front both suffering the same issue. Irregular brown patches which are quite large. It's been given what I thought was enough water (20mm every week or so), Eco88 late spring, Seasol+Powerfeed every 5 weeks or so and some soil wetter recently.

Best advice I can give is to jump on Facebook and look for WA Lawn Addicts group, they will have all the advice you could need.
Related
21/09/2023
KDR - Looking for feedback on Kialla Homes

Building A New House

Hi, I am looking into doing a KDR in Melbourne and am contemplating using Kialla Homes. I am looking for feedback on them from others who have built with them.

5/12/2023
Hi, I'm looking for a structural solution to stand alone pic

General Discussion

Sorry! I'm new to this forum and have made a mistake in my posting! I'm looking for a structural solution to a stand alone wooden pickets fence with no structural rail…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum