Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

So I accidentally poisoned my new lawn...

Page 1 of 1
Hey guys,
I've got 9month old dwarf kikuyu, on new topsoil, and had a mishap with some application of herbicide to try to get rid of creeping oxalis. Long story short, I accidentally applied it in a widespread fashion rather than spot applying it.
The pics show the herbicide in question, and the damage done. You can see how the lawn i didn't spray looks great.
The affected area is better than it was, it basically all died back. The current yellow/dead appearance is the result of some extreme heat here in SA which didn't affect the healthy lawn.
Have I killed off my microbes in the soil? Can I replenish those if I have?
I've just applied some sea sol, and have tried a very small topdress with some left over soil to minimal effect.

Any help appreciated!

It will come back nicely, don't worry. You can assist with some fertilizer, but keep watering.
Related
31/12/2023
crusher dust to level lawn

Landscape & Garden Design

the leaves that are now underground go yellow, the tips that poke through photosynthesise and have chlorophyll, same reason they grow rhubarb in the dark.

17/06/2023
Aggregate vs Pavers around a new build

Building A New House

Thanks chippy, Budapest for your responses. We've gone with aggregate > I totally know what you mean about the ants here in Perth, they are a pain.

10/06/2023
Pathway to new build : WWYD

Home Finance

A person needs to be licensed to offer financial advice. Surely the accountant you use would have been chosen for his/her expertise in this field. Have you asked your…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum