Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

How to keep cats out of veggie garden?

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys.

So I want to plant a vegetable garden or something but we have three cats and I really do not want them to relieve themselves in the garden. At the moment they do it in the flower beds but that is fine. However, when we will be eating the things that grow there, I won't be able to deal with that.

So, how do I keep them from going there? I don't really want to cover it up. Is there another way?

Thank you in advance.
Electric fence will work, as will a big scary dog. You could also place mouse traps throughout the patch or rig up a flamethrower on a trip wire.
Not sure if this will work for veggie garden but a friend put lemons around their Xmas to stop cats playing with the decorations.

Here is whole raft of serious suggestions. I think the best one is to mulch, because that is also good for the plants, but there are some other very useful ones.

https://m.wikihow.com/Prevent-Cats-from-Pooping-in-the-Garden
arcadelt
Electric fence will work, as will a big scary dog. You could also place mouse traps throughout the patch or rig up a flamethrower on a trip wire.

Lol your garden must be fun.
Ezza78
Not sure if this will work for veggie garden but a friend put lemons around their Xmas to stop cats playing with the decorations.

Thank you. I will definitelyy give it a shot and see how the cats act.
arcadelt
Here is whole raft of serious suggestions. I think the best one is to mulch, because that is also good for the plants, but there are some other very useful ones.

https://m.wikihow.com/Prevent-Cats-from-Pooping-in-the-Garden

Thank you! This is super useful!
Related
16/07/2023
Aluminium awning window seal has popped out in one corner

Windows & Doors

Thanks mate, this helped a lot. Managed to get it back in.

19/11/2023
HIA Contract Clause 16.2 Delays to Carrying Out the Works Af

Building A New House

Unless there is something in special conditions the builder does not have to give you timeline. If your demolition contractor has not removed Asbestos and it was found…

3/12/2023
brickwork out of level

Building A New House

Thanks for the informative response! I'll feed that back to the site supervisor.

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum