Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Couch vs Empire Zoyisa

Page 1 of 1
hi

I thought i would start another thread to my Zoyisa vs Buffalo. We went to a centre with Zoyisa, Saphire, Palmetto and Couch.
Despite the marketing 'soft leaf' buffalo is still scratchier than both Zoyisa and Couch. Cant change your genetics too much I suppose. So the wife has cancelled my buffalo plans.

She found couch the softest but Zoyisa not too far behind.

If I can handle the possibility of Zoyisa browning off in dry winters and accept its slower ability to handle traffic. Where else is it superior to Couch? resistance to weeds? I see many couch lawns around the suburbs and often theyre all infested with Kikuyu and other weeds. There isnt enough Zoyisa lawns installed to compare to.

http://thelawnguide.com.au/lawn-varieti ... couch.html

i found the above but the couch I am looking at is Wintergreen. Or is weed resistance simply a matter of a well watered, fed and mowed lawn?

How often in Summer do you think i would be out mowing the couch or the zoyisa
You only need to mow Empire zoysia 4 times a year. Any more than that is detrimental to the grass. Same with fertilizers. With Zoysia less is more.
Couch is couch. If you're willing to spend 6 hrs a week on it (at least for 200m2) it will look great otherwise.......
Shaun
Hi ok, I didn't realise couch was that intensive, the turf companies that sell both made out that in summer both require a fortnightly mow. The 6 hours you mention, assume your exaggerating, is that not just mowing but weeding and fertilzing etc

Also do u think I need a cyclinder mower?
Related
You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum