Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Blueberry bush flowering but no fruit?

Page 1 of 1
Hi guys, hoping someone here can help

I purchased two blueberry bushes in January this year (Blue berry burst variety)
The bush has been growing great, and started flowering in may. It has produced heaps of flowers but it seems there is perhaps one blueberry growing. If you look at the photos, it seems like the rest of the buds are shriveling up?

I planted this in a 50:50 ratio of high quality azaelia potting mixture and pine bark chips. The pot is a self watering one (basin at the bottom with fenestration) which keeps the soil nice and moist. It gets a good 7 hours of sun a day.

This plant is supposed to be very productive with low chill hours and is self pollinating.

Does anyone know what I may need to do? I wasn't sure whether to add some potash or a fertilizer.

Thanks guys!

Photos here

http://imgur.com/a/4YcMY
Is it meant to be fruiting the first year? Most fruit trees need their flowers picked off first 2 years minimum till they establish as the leaves/roots cant full-fill the genetic desires of the plant to make x hundred berries.
Oh mine are the same! Full of flowers but no fruit yet
Related
3/07/2023
Moved in 7 years ago but no Occupation Certificate

Building A New House

Joe, it depends on your certifier but we are noticing the ones we deal with are really cracking down. So i would recommend you follow your approved landscaping plans to…

9/10/2023
No Interim Occupation Certificate - NSW but moved in

General Discussion

Hi Simeon, Thank you for laying it down for us. Makes sense. Appreciate it very much. Have a nice day. Cheers

25/02/2024
Staged payment request BUT work not done as per contract

Building A New House

1) I had requested R6 ceiling insualtion batts, however I noticed that on some areas there are huge gaps which will allow hot air to sweep in, and also noticed black/grey…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum