Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

capital pear trees along northern fence

Page 1 of 1
We are looking at planting a row of capital pears along our back fence. Our backyard faces north and the trees would be in full sun all summer when the sun is high, however over the winter when the sun is lower the fence itself will block some of the sun to the base of the trees. I'm just wondering if they will still grow ok and if it would be alright to plant them now or should we wait until after winter when the sun is higher again?
They will grow fine, however, be careful planting medium sized trees along fence lines. Your neighbours may not want them as much as you.

I wouldn't do it on an urban block (exceptions are always found) myself, a rural one though would look amazing.
Related
3/07/2023
Cause of damp along slab and patio tiles

General Discussion

Firstly the ableflex that has been installed needs (manufactures specification) a sealant cap over the top, preventing water draining down between the slab and the…

30/05/2023
Montgomery Homes KD/R on Northern Beaches

Building A New House

Hi, I am wondering if anyone has built with Montgomery in the last few years on the Northern Beaches? I don't see the see them around, as I would love to ask how happy…

24/03/2024
Purpose of site survey: boundaries, slope, trees? what else?

Owner Builder Forum

A survey must’ve completed by a certified surveyor. This form part of every DA requirement

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum