Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Lilli Pilli Hedge

Page 1 of 1
G'day,
I would like to grow a Lilli Pilli Hedge 90 metres long. I looked in Bunning and they have Lilli Pilli Aussie Boomers for $16 each.
Paying that price would cost me a fortune. Does anybody know how many plants I would need for that length.
I would prefer to by Tube as it would work out cheaper.
I have checked the Nurseries in the Wide Bay area but none stock Tube Plants.
Does anybody know where I can purchase Lilli Pilli's in Tube in the Brisbane area.
Cheers Perry
Not in Brisbane but online;
http://www.fernview.com.au/all-categories/hedges
G'day,
Thank you for your reply
I am hoping to find something simular in Brisbane or the Gold Coast. I will be able to pick them up rather than pay freight.
Cheers Perry
Call a nursery nearby and explain what you want/how many and they should be able to order in from their wholesaler.

Not bunnings, a *real* nursery
Perry the Pom
G'day,
Thank you for your reply
I am hoping to find something simular in Brisbane or the Gold Coast. I will be able to pick them up rather than pay freight.
Cheers Perry
hi perry, i bought my hinterland lilly pillies for $11.35 + GST from www. Naturalgreennursery.com.au

They are on the northern gold coast in pimpama. Ask for moon or craig, they're so lovely.

They grow about a metre wide so its recommended you leave at least a metre in between each shrub planted. I guess you would need about 40-45? Not cheap but if you're buying that many they might be prepared to do a deal with you.

Coral Homes Avoca 25 in Gainsborough Greens Gold Coast

Viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81406
G'day Vonsa,
Thank you for your message. I will give them a try.
Many thanks
Perry
Let me know how you go please! We want a Lilly pilly screen about 50m long too
G'day,
Sorry not good news. Nobody wants to sell tube stock. I placed an ad on Gumtree and to date not one reply.
I think I might try taking cuttings myself.
Cheers Perry
G'day cat_dunc,
I was able to purchase my Lippy Pilly plants from" Plant in a Box' on e-Bay. The cost of each plant was $6. These are in a large tube and sun hardened. They have really well formed roots. The delivery is FREE. I was 100% satisfied.
Cheers Perry
Thanks very much. i'll check them out
How are your plants going perry?

G'day Craigasaurus,
I can honestly say that they are going great. I fact I purchased more the other day. I can highly recommend the supplier.
You can almost watch them growing. If you need any information you can ring them and I found them very helpful.
Cheers Perry
Perry the Pom
G'day Craigasaurus,
I can honestly say that they are going great. I fact I purchased more the other day. I can highly recommend the supplier.
You can almost watch them growing. If you need any information you can ring them and I found them very helpful.
Cheers Perry

Who did you go with in the end

G'day.
https://plantsinabox.com.au/.
Have a look at their Web Site. If you have any questions just phone their number. I found them very helpful in fact they saved me money. I was going to plant 75 apart so needed 80 + plants. I was told best to plant them 1.5 apart.
Hope that is of help to you.
Cheers Perry
Perry the Pom
G'day.
https://plantsinabox.com.au/.
Have a look at their Web Site. If you have any questions just phone their number. I found them very helpful in fact they saved me money. I was going to plant 75 apart so needed 80 + plants. I was told best to plant them 1.5 apart.
Hope that is of help to you.
Cheers Perry
thanks

Related
You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum