Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

what grass to lay?

Page 1 of 1
hi ive only done some quik research on turf. I heard zoysia grass is the best low maintenanace all year round green grass. aka easy grass. Any1 have and cost or have u installed it in Brisbane logan. Or have you installed other types of grass. Are you happy etc

cheers

I'm curious about this too, except I'm in Melbourne

Following this one too. We had sir Walter last time and I don't want it again. I'm thinking good old couch but have heard some of the zoysias are great
chepest quote is $8 per sq zoysia empire. that hella cheap. usual prices are around $9

I have 100sqm of empire zoysia on my new house.

It really is slow growing, haven't mowed once in 6 months. Meanwhile my neighbour with the cheap $4sqm cooch is mowing once a fortnight.

It's a medium leaf mix grass. I have some cooch growing here and there, but think the seeds.came from the under soil.

It does appear to be susceptible to rust disease, but some slow release nitrogen works very well. Could also be that my grass was layed going into winter, so isn't fully established yet.

I'm happy so far
whzzz28
I have 100sqm of empire zoysia on my new house.

It really is slow growing, haven't mowed once in 6 months. Meanwhile my neighbour with the cheap $4sqm cooch is mowing once a fortnight.

It's a medium leaf mix grass. I have some cooch growing here and there, but think the seeds.came from the under soil.

It does appear to be susceptible to rust disease, but some slow release nitrogen works very well. Could also be that my grass was layed going into winter, so isn't fully established yet.

I'm happy so far

awesome whzzz28 im def going zoysia now.. worth it in every way... cheers bud

Being slow growing I worry that if it gets eaten by lawn grubs it will be super slow to repair..
[quote="Jwalt"]I'm curious about this too, except I'm in Melbourne

Plenty of threads re zoysia in Melb. It's grows very differently down here compared to qld..

Related
17/12/2023
Synthetic Grass DIY

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Please help me to answer this question , it will help me a lot as i can go to buy confidently with your recommendation: I want to put synthetic turf in our backyard for…

1/06/2024
South facing garden - growing grass

Landscape & Garden Design

Help!! I’m meant to start building soon and have only really just learnt about orientation. Im reading so much that no grass will grow on the heavily shaded south…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum