Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Help. Something is destroying my lawn

Page 1 of 1
Hi
Over the past month my lawn is slowly being ripped up by 'something?' See pics..
I've tried numerous lawn grub/insect control solutions. Mouse traps. It's not birds.
I've narrowed it down to happening over night? And mainly accuring around my deck?
Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks

At night ? so - you've checked grubs.

If so - do you have nocturnal visitors - Roos etc ? Some birds also make a mess.
We live in the burbs but across the road from a park... So smaller creatures would have access to our backyard
Doubt it's birds as we have dogs and I've never seen birds in that area?
Thanks for your help

The first step should be to spade out a rectangular shape a couple of feet square, lift it, turn it over and then examine the underside for pests. If you find any, identify them (or take a photo) and then re-lay the raised turf and water.

Are they female dogs?
No males... Thanks

heater0701
No males.

Maybe it's the dogs.
Saint Mike
At night ? so - you've checked grubs.

If so - do you have nocturnal visitors - Roos etc ? Some birds also make a mess.

There are grubs but not the white one?

Related
20/06/2023
Builder has not done something - can I ask for a variation f

Building A New House

I work with owner, he/she is my man on the ground and I instruct them when to visit the site and take photos and I have other tools in the bag.

24/08/2023
Old Covenants in NSW - Something I learnt this week

Building A New House

Hi Everyone I learned something this week that I thought would be worth sharing. In NSW a lot of developers of subdivisions put covenants on the land which normally…

31/12/2023
crusher dust to level lawn

Landscape & Garden Design

the leaves that are now underground go yellow, the tips that poke through photosynthesise and have chlorophyll, same reason they grow rhubarb in the dark.

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum