Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

What do you put under a raised deck to prevent vegetation?

Page 1 of 1
Just wondering.....

...if I'm going to be building a raised deck at the back of our house, with the posts in the ground set in concrete, what should I put between the posts to stop vegetation growing up through the deck boards?

Thanks

Simon
Will it be enclosed at the sides? Nothing grows under ours - not enough sunlight I assume. You could put down some weed matt I suppose to be sure.
As above, weed mat works.... and makes crawling underneath to fish out tennis balls that little bit more enjoyable...
Weed mat with some blue metal or pebbles to hold in place.
Thanks guys, very helpful.

Simon
_Al_
As above, weed mat works.... and makes crawling underneath to fish out tennis balls that little bit more enjoyable...

and jewellery that always manages to finds its way through the gap between the wood.

Weed mat is a good idea.
Just a late thought
Pet rabbits
umm miniature sheep might do as well
lol

miniature sheep
. but then you'd have to sheer them, dip them and generally look after them
. I'd think weed mat would be less labour intensive in the long run
Related
3/04/2024
How to fix and prevent small holes in the mortar (between th

General Discussion

Recently I moved to a 30 year old house and found within few months there are small brown nests in the brick mortar and few small round holes in few places of brick…

7/05/2024
How to prevent piers to be over-drilled?

Building A New House

I am building a new residential house. The structural engineer suggests drilling 60 bored piers which are no less than 600mm deep and at lest 300mm in stiff clay. If…

22/05/2024
backyard retaining wall and raised garden bed render

General Discussion

thanks chippy! here is the back of the wall which has not been backfilled yet. Here is the same back of the wall taken from the other end, behind the steps. As you…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum