Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Ideas and Recommendation please

Page 1 of 1
Hi all,

Just finished a new build in Sydney inner west last year and need to get some plants in. We like the formal clean line look of hedges etc which will suit our home. The only thing we're sure of is the use of Japanese Bux for all the lower hedges (250-400mm high). We have a rendered wall with piers across the front so need something that sits about 1200mm high. We plan to put some wrought iron in b/w the piers in the future. I'm o.k. with Muraya, but the wife's not keen. We're on a corner so also have a side rendered fence to 1800mm high. We have a built in planter box on the inside running about 20m long x 400mm wide and 400mm deep. It has a natural slope with an ag pipe and gravel at the base, filter material and has been waterproofed. We need some greenery along the top edge of the wall to soften the look as our house is also rendered. Prefer an evergreen standard of some sort. Not keen on bamboo as I like the structured look, and don't want anything that's going to give me root problems in the future. We had a landscape designer come in and basically suggetested Viburnum, and also Viburnum across our rear and side colourbond fence. http://nathanburkett.com.au/project/canterbury-project/
I really like this look but am unsure of what plant it is.

Help please.

Nikos
Hi
That standard look is referred to a 'Pleached'. The link you posted looks like pleached viburnums actually, but could also possibly be weeping fig or maybe even apples.
Related
25/06/2023
Security system and cameras recommendation - Melbourne

Building A New House

It's all about wireless, self install now. The cost/benefit of wired setups for the house are no longer what they used to be. Lots of wireless options. Eufy, Arlo and…

1/01/2024
Custom Home Design - Suggestions and Recommendation

Building A New House

ideal house depends on the site and location as much as internal floor plan....what is the distance from the house to all four boundaries, where is north, describe your…

24/06/2023
Recommendation for Assistance on lodging objection

General Discussion

Hi, Appreciate any recommendations for town planners or advisors who can help assist to assess and draft an objection to a neighbour’s development in Northern Beaches.…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum