Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

SOS - Yellow Gem kanga paws look like they are carkin it

Page 1 of 1
Fu or other gurus,

I have some large yellow gem and big red kanga paws with massive flower stalks (2m)which look like the flowers are getting a bit old. Noticed today that all the foliage around the bottom of the yellow gems has died off, only the leaves on the flower stalks is still green. We have had a bit of hot weather last week, and I suspect the soil may have dried out. The Big Reds look fine. Any ideas as to bringing these back, should I cut off all the old flower stalks and the dead leaves? Hit with seasol and molasses? Hope they can be saved.
cheers
Yeah mate. I saw a heap here do a similar thing.
If things go bad, just cut back to the ground.

Some zeolite wouldn't go astray.
Fu, there are plenty of ammendments in the soil. Do you recommend I cut back to the ground asap then or just remove dead foliage and spent flower stalks? Hit with seasol and molasses?
cheers
Yeah if they look like rubbish, go for it. Cut back to about 1-2inches.
righto........
Related
29/09/2023
What did this fireplace look like and restoration suggestion

General Discussion

No the fireplace doesn’t work. It’s been enclosed. I’m not sure what was removed, as it was done quite some time ago - well before what I can see with photos online…

18/11/2023
level the ground with self-levelling or yellow tongue PB boa

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi guys, I want to do some floor levelling before laying the planks and am considering doing it with self-levelling or yellow tongue PB board. I am wondering which one…

2/11/2023
Coral Homes-can they shrink plans?

Building A New House

Ask the council if there is a chance of getting build over easement exemption. Sometimes easements are unused and 24cm is not all that much. Good luck. And yes any builder…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum