Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

What's the best landscaping option for backyard alley?

Page 1 of 1
We're considering how to decorate our backyard alley:

This area is not fully covered by sun most of the time, I think it is only covered by sunlight with 2-3 hours everyday only.

Should we put the steps to make a pathway and grow some grasses around the steps?

Or use pebble stones & tiles to build a proper pathway?
Without much sunlight not a lot would grow. If it was me a would go for setting some round or square pavers as stepping stones and then filling the remaining area with large pebbles laid over weed mat.

Also might think about growing a climbers up the fence in front of any windows.
bashworth
Without much sunlight not a lot would grow. If it was me a would go for setting some round or square pavers as stepping stones and then filling the remaining area with large pebbles laid over weed mat.

Also might think about growing a climbers up the fence in front of any windows.

Thanks Bashworth! so which climber you would suggest for this shade area? and what sort of thing that I need to buy to support the climber?
There are a few ideas at this link,

http://www.abc.net.au/gardening/stories/s1785393.htm

I prefer to put a few garden wires in a sort of fan pattern and train the climber to that. Some people fix a garden mesh to the fence but it looks a bit unsightly until the plant fills the fence.
Related
24/09/2023
Flooring option for bedroom and passage

Flooring & Floor Covering

Newbie question for flooring options. We are thinking of changing the flooring for bedrooms and passage area. Last time we looked at flooring options was almost 8years…

7/04/2024
XCEM Alphafloor vs Hebel Power Floor Subfloor option

Building A New House

Would also like an opinion from anyone that has used xcem over hebel for floors. Thanks

15/06/2024
cheapest landscapping option

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi guys, first time building here. I am expecting to have around 325m2 of land / yard space for my land and I am budgeting 50k for landscaping. Hopefully my expectation…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum