Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Flat yards and water problems

Page 1 of 1
Wondering how bad it is when it rains with yards and blocks that are quite flat. Is the turf doomed? Do you have water ponding problems or saturated soil that stays saturated for days (or weeks
)? How is the turf surviving?
Lex you would be hard pressed to find many yards (outside the sand belt) in Melbourne that doesn't have saturated soil at this time of year, sloped or flat. Evaporation rates are extremely low but once it dries out in spring the turf recovers no probs. The turf looks yuck obviously if its getting repeated use (like the path to the clothes line).
Thanks BK
Provided the soil amendments have been used as part of the turf prep it should be fairly resilient and have the ability to bounce back faster at minimum cost.
Related
26/12/2023
Granny Flat + Studio

Building A New House

I would suggest you simply go and talk to council about your proposal, most councils are getting onboard with ancillary dwellings. There is no benefit in keeping it…

31/12/2023
Backyard retreat or Granny Flat?

Renovation + Home Improvement

I think I know the answer but just checking to see if anyone has had experience with it. I want to build a small 20 square metre retreat in my backyard, it will have a…

24/01/2024
My granny flat build journey

Owner Builder Forum

Any advice on how to ensure the kit home granny flat that im thinking of buying will get council approval. The kit home companys wont release plans without a deposit and…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum