Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

How much would this cost?

Page 1 of 1
We will be getting decking in the alfresco, but other than that, we would be quite interested in doing something like this for our back.

The garden bed in the picture projects outward on the left, we would prefer to have it uniform the whole way through.

I'm guessing that the retaining wall is concrete from the picture, but i'm not sure. Would this be expensive to achieve?

The length of area to be covered by the retaining walls would be around 8m long.

Landscapers vary so much in their pricing Deep, that the best thing you could do is show the pic to a few, tell them what you want, and ask them to quote
I know someone who paid about $4k for a look very similar to this and a retaining wall so they can put hedging in, a built in pond was also incorporated into the retaining wall. This also including paving of paving bricks. Nothing fancy but for the price and the overall look...very effective and cheap in my opinion. Area of ground cover not the same as the photo.
I did something with a similar effect, but i used concrete sleepers. There are nice ones instead of the plain boring concrete look. You can get sandstone in yellow or grey. I got grey ones with a slate look. They were only $40 each and 2m long. You might be able to do that in something like that for under $500.
Hey deeps,

what you have shown there is probably made from utility bricks and then rendered i think.

Im going the same as DIY after handover, hope it turns out ok :p
What would be the best way to go about DIY'ing the above? What retaining wall system would be best to pick?
We are thinking of going concrete sleepers too. I didn't know there were dfferent types like sandstone options. Thanks.
That is a garden done by one of our Homeone members
Give him a bell or he may pop in to let us know
Hear we go
Pop him a PM

memberlist.php?mode=viewprofile&u=27562
Hi Deeps,

as you already know, this is a landscaping job that i have done in Canberra. I have emailed you to let you know my next available date to quote you would be Friday the 13th of May.

Cheers

Brad
What a coincidence

13th May sounds great, I have replied to the email. Cya then!

P.S. Don't forget to bring the member discount when you come
Related
9/07/2023
Would you do this reno?

Renovation + Home Improvement

Bought in Nov 21 at the height of the market (classic). Good area, atrocious floor plan. BUT has land out to the left-hand side that we can extend out on (see second…

12/11/2023
3m ceilings - how high would you have your kitchen cabinets?

Kitchen Corner

Thanks mate. Yeah good points! Leaning towards Option 3 to get a bit extra space in the cabinets but not going too crazy high (and expensive). Would require a mini…

16/11/2023
Possible to "surface over" or would I need to completely rel

Paving & Concreting

You can wash over existing pavers with 10% solution of water and hydrochloric acid, then wash off. The acid will provide for required bond key with new concrete.

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum