Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Small plants for narrow garden bed

Page 1 of 1
We have a very narrow garden bed at the front of our house measuring around 25cm wide by 2.5mtrs long. It faces east and is under an eave.

We are trying to work out what to plant there.

One plant we'd thought of was a row of rhoeos but very open to suggestions. Don't want anything too high maintenance or too water hungry.
Anyone? Fu?
Succulents! Not big giant ones, but little ones
What about the small Dianella's? Dianella Little Rev I think they are called. They are small, easy to maintain and have a bluey green colour.
catjim
One plant we'd thought of was a row of rhoeos...... Anyone? Fu?

Don't let Fu know you're interested in them.........he's definitely NOT a fan !
Unfortunately we are designing garden spaces on urban blocks without having plants that handle the sizes. The person that creates the plant that grows 30cm wide and 4m tall is going to be a rich person/business/corporation.

Rhoeos!
weeds!
turn yuck in the cold too. Leggy and weak in shade.

If you plant 'em, I'll come round and jump on 'em!
plastic grass?
Acacia limelight

Lomandra Tropic Belle
Correa Misty Pink or dusky bells

Put up some plastic trellis and grow an ivy geranium up it?

Kangaroo paws?
Leucodenrens and kangaroo paws?
Also good choices
Related
22/05/2024
backyard retaining wall and raised garden bed render

General Discussion

thanks chippy! here is the back of the wall which has not been backfilled yet. Here is the same back of the wall taken from the other end, behind the steps. As you…

23/11/2023
Maximum Garage Width - Narrow Lot (Willoughby Council NSW)

Building A New House

Thanks again for this information. If you do hear anything different, would be great to know >

8/12/2023
Narrow block design with 2 car space

General Discussion

dimensions on your original plan are inconsistent and with accurate dimensions (including site plan, upstairs and down) i could make a proper scale drawing with furniture…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum