Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Reviving dead buffalo grass

Page 1 of 1
I have lived in the units for my entire life but recently we moved into this newly built house in December. We had to lawn the inside of our house (around 80 square meters) and council’s nature strip (200 square meters). Unfortunately, we ordered all the grass at once. We went for Sir Walter Buffalo. The grass inside the house was laid within 2 days, but the one outside the house was laid after 8 days from the point we received it due to Christmas break. It was stored in the garage and I was sprinkling water on it every day during that time. When the landscaper guy laid the outside grass, it was all brown. Not a tinge of green. The landscaper said it will come back if I keep on watering it, which I am doing it once everyday. The reason I have little confidence in it is because I don’t reckon he put enough soil under it. He levelled the ground but didn’t spread the soil evenly and may be didn’t spread it all on some of the areas. After 4 weeks, the grass still looks dead. There few slight green tinge here and there, but for most part, it is dead. Any ideas how I can revive it (if ever) without spending much money? Should I take the landscaper’s words for it that it will come back in next 2-3 months?
There is a topic on this just a few down that has many thread links to similar topics
they will help
I dont know much about SW grass but if I were you
I would be putting a solution of seasol every other day , powefeed mixed with seasol once a week and if you have molasses that as well
and water once a day or twice on hot days
I have read that the best time to put stuff on the grass is in the morning when they are able to absorb the good stuff .
Related
17/12/2023
Synthetic Grass DIY

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Please help me to answer this question , it will help me a lot as i can go to buy confidently with your recommendation: I want to put synthetic turf in our backyard for…

1/06/2024
South facing garden - growing grass

Landscape & Garden Design

Help!! I’m meant to start building soon and have only really just learnt about orientation. Im reading so much that no grass will grow on the heavily shaded south…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum