Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

A game of "Name that Tree!"

Page 1 of 1
Ok guys, I need to know the name of this tree that is at my rental. I used to know what it was, but am having a total blank! If you are able to help with some info, that would be great.

Thanks,
Kim
mop top Robinia ...... I think
Very good, Southies!
Not a fan of the mop top...the people next door to us had three and the suckers kept popping up all over our yard.
Thanks, that was very quick! I haven't seen any suckers here zircon, but then we have only been renting here since August. Do you know of any other trees that are similar to this that don't send out too many suckers? I'm looking for a tree for our backyard but I don't want it to take up too much room. I also like the look of the 'naked' trunk rather than having leaves all the way down.
Hmm, just read some more about it and I think that I will change my mind about that one. Don't want those suckers coming up everywhere, even though the tree is very pretty!
I would personally prefer some sort of weeping tree (willow, cherry, etc) and I don't think they sucker.
You see those mop tops everywhere (Chris & Marie may have something to do with it), and they make a big mess come Autumn, although most deciduous trees do.
They aren't grow very much anymore because they are responsible for a great many disputes between neighbours.
There is an Acacia I think
That is an excellent substitute for this weed... I mean tree.

Weeping Mulberry is another ripper.

If mess is an issue, weigh this up...
Deciduous trees will make a mess for a few weeks a year. That stuff can be raked up and used as mulch
Its gold for the garden
A lot once a year
Evergreen trees have to shed leaves all year to maintain being green all year, so expect a heap more mess over the whole year from them
A little aaaaaall year.

Grafted standard Grevilleas will look even better
Some evergreens do it more so in hot windy weather, peppermint Eucy comes to mind. They also shed bark which smells great when wet but heavy as hell.
Thanks guys. I don't mind if it's deciduous or not Fu. Grevilleas might look great but both of my kids are allergic to them! So probably not a good option. I will look at the other ones that people have suggested. Any of the usual allergy trees are not an option unfortunately. Thanks for the suggestions. Keep em coming!
Related
4/08/2023
Tree Identification Mackay

General Discussion

Hello. I just bought a few acres in Habana, Mackay, and my horses seem to love hanging around under this tree. I would like to name the paddock after this tree. Can…

7/01/2024
What tree is this?

General Discussion

Fellow Perth dweller. Looks like pruns nigra. It's a dark leaf flowering plum. Doesn't get massive and is easily trimmed deciduous tree. Very popular in small gardens in Perth

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum