Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

sloping yard

Page 1 of 1
Has anyone transformed there sloping back yard into a near flat yard by doing a retaining wall and leveling it out with soil?

What would be a rough cost of doing this?.

Just curious.
We are looking at doing this with our house (we haven't handed over yet), we will need approx 70m of retaining walls (masonry) at a cost of approx $20,000

Not a pretty price is it
If you are going to do it, make sure you put in proper drainage. That is the most important thing. I live on a slope and my neighbours have levelled their entire back yard, it is always wet. And I mean swamp wet. It hasn't dried out at all over winter and they have to have gumboots on at all times.
Ours dries out within ours after rain if there's wind, within a day without wind.
Don't go for the cheapest quote, go for the most comprehensive that includes proper drainage.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=38279
bec29
Has anyone transformed there sloping back yard into a near flat yard by doing a retaining wall and leveling it out with soil?

What would be a rough cost of doing this?.

Just curious.

We are planning to do exactly that, but not the full depth of the yard.
Related
22/11/2023
where to place yard gullies?

Building A New House

can someone with more experience give me their insight? land is pretty much flat its pretty much at the top of a hill. left and right neighbours are flat in line with my…

29/12/2023
New development overlooks into my yard

General Discussion

Plant some bamboo along the fenceline >

24/01/2024
Bore in front yard

Landscape & Garden Design

there should be ss cable so you can pull up bore pump for service

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros