Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

My new front garden

Page 1 of 1
Garden done, just need the river rocks this Saturday.

Front before

After – Now

Hard work, I’m getting too old for this!!
Good work Michell. I bet it was hard work. I particularly like that green table? on the right.
Very nice Michelle, what did you plant in the black planters? They will look even better once they grow some more. A very peaceful look. That's gotta be good feng shui

Good on you!
It looks lovely and relaxing. Yes it is hard work isn't it?
It's all coming together, Michelle.

I know what you mean about feeling too old for this....
sooks

Work harder
Fu Manchu
sooks

Work harder

"Dollar"Good work Michell. I bet it was hard work. I particularly like that green table? on the right.

Thanks Dollar, that little green table is a green ceramic pot upside down with the saucer as the table top.

"buzz"Very nice Michelle, what did you plant in the black planters? They will look even better once they grow some more. A very peaceful look. That's gotta be good feng shui

Good on you!

Buzz the plants are small Agaves

Fu……my shoulders ace!

Thank you everyone, I can’t wait to get the river rocks.
Dollar, little green table.

ooooh I like!!!!! The little table is my fave. Such a simple yet effective idea.
How much fun was that ratty Dietes to dig out?
Fu Manchu
How much fun was that ratty Dietes to dig out?

Fun…I had to get the madik into it.
Hence the sore shoulders.
And one reason why I never suggest the use of these in gardens. They look great for a year and then look like poo and are really tough to remove! They can be pretty big. The one called Bi-colour (Dietes iridoides) is way worse to get out or tidy up
dietes = perfect and tough for the verge then since I have no intentions of trying to grow anything out there and I don't care if they get a bit ratty because they are going to get nibbled by rabbits anyway.
Don't think I'd really want them in a suburban setting though. ( hides from FU)

We have the grandiflora ones waiting to go in once the fence is up.
Fu Manchu
And one reason why I never suggest the use of these in gardens. They look great for a year and then look like poo and are really tough to remove! They can be pretty big. The one called Bi-colour (Dietes iridoides) is way worse to get out or tidy up

My Dietes Iridoides all carked it. Except for two that are barely hanging on next to the driveway.
Those are earmarked to be dug up and chucked out very soon.... I have my eye on some more correas to replace them.
No gain without pain, Michelle - it's looking lovely
!
I know what you mean about being too old and I'm younger!! It feels good afterwards though
[quote="Fu Manchu"]And one reason why I never suggest the use of these in gardens. They look great for a year and then look like poo and are really tough to remove! They can be pretty big. The one called Bi-colour (Dietes iridoides) is way worse to get out or tidy up
/quote]

Gee, I split mine up when I moved in and planted some as boards around 2 front gardens. I’ll pull them out when the other stuff gets going more.

Here’s the house front when I moved in 10 moths ago.

New front side garden, I had all the bark chips taken off the gardens and have replaced with Sugar Cane mulch.

I’ll do a full shot later today of the front; got some of the river rocks, but we underestimated what we needed so I need more.
great job Michelle.
You deserve a massage after that effort. I just love the asian theme and the colours. It works well. ...and I do want one of those tables!
Michelle
Garden done, just need the river rocks this Saturday.

Front before

After – Now

Hard work, I’m getting too old for this!!

I had possibly a bad idea while I was getting the river rocks the other day.
I chose a few really big ones, so I need to put those to the back of the garden or out all together. Anyway, we ran out of rocks…so I need to get more of the smaller ones, will move them all around when I get more rocks.

Related
1/03/2024
Native garden plans

Landscape & Garden Design

Fig Landscapes has produced an e-book and native plant index, available for purchase from their website. It's a great resource, full of inspiration and tips. Another…

27/03/2024
Vertical Garden Kitchen splash back design

General Discussion

Our Bondi Greenwall was impressive from day one with advanced lush plants to provide a wow factor to this recently renovated living area. The boundary was less than 1…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum