Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

New lawn needs help

Page 1 of 1
After the big dust storms, and heavy winds, parts of my lawn are looking a bit sad. It is Sir Walter turf, laid around 2 weeks ago. Anyone got any suggestions on how to help it along?

Judie
just some time and some seasol.
sorry to hijack the thread
..just laid sapphire buffalo (on Sat) and Melbourne has been hit by a bloody heatwave
...so it's drinking plenty of water (tank)
should I spray Seasol on the grass or wait a couple of weeks until better established? Would it harm the grass if i Seasol just 5 days in?
Seasol can not harm anything at any stage of it's growth
Should be applied once it has been laid.

It would be highly recomended that you apply seasol to a new lawn every week for at least 4 weeks and preferably 6 weeks. Use a controlled release fertiliser at about 8 weeks if you want to. Something like Scotts Lawn Builder (just get the one without all the extras
)

A wetting agent should be used again at about 6-8 weeks. Saturaid by Debco
Hands down, one of the best
and for anyone following fu's lawn care advice on using some molasses, putting it into the empty seasol spraying container and spraying it on can be tricky, its caused me more grief by blocking up the little feed tube regularly while trying to just spray seasol so its a bit hit and miss

any tips for applying the saturaid fu? seems that you have to spread it very very thin to get the coverage they recommend per bag
The coverage they say is impossible to do isn't it

The big bag says it does 600m2 but I have only ever got it to cover 250 m2 at the most.

Regardless it offers the best value for money of all of them. Most will do between 75m2 and 200m2 with lacklustre long term results

Just chuck it down and water it in
You'll be fine
As for the molasses in the container, well try sniping the straw a bit shorter, on an angle.

Then use about 1/2 a cup to a cup of molasses in there. Fill with hot or warm water and give a stir with a bamboo stake. Let it sit and cool and then apply to the garden
Try that
Related
31/12/2023
crusher dust to level lawn

Landscape & Garden Design

the leaves that are now underground go yellow, the tips that poke through photosynthesise and have chlorophyll, same reason they grow rhubarb in the dark.

17/06/2023
Aggregate vs Pavers around a new build

Building A New House

Thanks chippy, Budapest for your responses. We've gone with aggregate > I totally know what you mean about the ants here in Perth, they are a pain.

10/06/2023
Pathway to new build : WWYD

Home Finance

A person needs to be licensed to offer financial advice. Surely the accountant you use would have been chosen for his/her expertise in this field. Have you asked your…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum