Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

SIDE GARDEN BED

Page 1 of 1
Hey Fu......it's me again
I feel like I'm stalking you

We've got this side gardenbed which is almost 60cm deep ie from wall to fence. ( I will be digging out that c**p & filling it with the right stuff, in case you were wondering
)

I'm thinking of planting murrayas there right along the fence line. Now, I've had them before so I know they can get quite bushy. I was wondering, would I be able to plant something like hellebores in front of the murrayas or would they get squeezed out ?

Also, how much should I dig out ? Should I take the existing soil level down to about the height of the wall or more ?

Thanks AGAIN!
anyone ?
hang in there
Aw c'mon Fu, are you teasing ?

Seriously, what would you suggest ?
A hedge of Thomasii if you can find it over your way. Wonderful flowers and loves dry shady areas, handles a bit of sun. Beautiful soft green leaves.
These are incredible plants

Murraya for an exotic but a proven performer. Vibernam tinus. Vitex for some colour.
I won't bombard you with ideas
Oh Fu
I didn't expect you go to the trouble of suggesting alternatives
. But thankyou anyway
- I'll look them up.
Sorry, I meant to write Thomasia not Thomasii

Not sure if they are available in the East (they should be from native nurseries) but these grow in a wide range of soil types and are native to most states so chances are you can grow one there.

Related
22/05/2024
backyard retaining wall and raised garden bed render

General Discussion

thanks chippy! here is the back of the wall which has not been backfilled yet. Here is the same back of the wall taken from the other end, behind the steps. As you…

5/08/2023
What is the minimum side/back setbacks for small lots?

Building A New House

My land is 260m2 (10m x 26m) located in claymore NSW. Under campbelltown council. I know in general the following setbacks would apply ground floor side setback =…

3/09/2023
Can you build on both side fence boundaries (Victoria)?

General Discussion

Hey everyone Not for me or anyone I know, just generally interested. For a single allotment house, are you allowed to take the fence on both sides of your house and…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum