Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Driveway Paving

Page 1 of 1
I have a very long driveway, that is currently paved with bricks. We bought the home with the paving already done. Now I am a little tired of the paving, as it has become uneven, where the wheels of the vehicles have gone back and forth, as well as the constant growing of weeds between the bricks. Some people like this affect, I personally hate it..

The size of the driveway is about 3,5 metres wide and 12 metres long..

I suspect that the base of the paving was not done properly.. Therefore I am looking at pulling it all up.. and re-concreting the whole driveway and then repaving. However I need to know what people's experience is in minimising the weeds, when paving... and the approx cost for such a job. Anyone with experience please pass on your comments..

Thanks
Hi my name is Andre,
I am a landscape desiner and i live in newport.

if you like, we can come down to your place one day and give you a price to pave your driveway,

you can contact me by e mail aweber@alphalink.com.au

good luck either way
Andre.
Hay konmanos

The best solution to 1. Stop the pavers from moving and 2. Prevent weeds coming through would be to use a concrete base. I’m a building estimator for a QLD building company, and although it has been quite sometime since we did a paved driveway, I’ll try to give you some idea how much it would cost here in QLD it will probably very a bit down there but it should give you a ball park idea.

To do a driveway with a 80mm thick concrete pad and supply and lay Gemstone pavers it would cost in the proximity of around $90 to $100 per square meter. I know you already have your pavers but for the cost to remove the current pavers I would suspect it to be about the same cost to supply new ones, only because of the time it would take to lift the pavers without breakage.

So for your driveway I would allow around $4000 for the project.

Regards
Shane
Wow thats a great price! $4,000
for that price i will pay for your airline ticket from qld to vic,
put you up at the hilton and have you do MY driveway. HA HA

Just kidding,
for that price and 42 m2 you might find someone to lay pavers on SAND ONLY.
AND no excuvation no rubbish removal and no concrete etc. etc. etc.

later...
Like I said, this is QLD and it been a while, 99% of all our driveways are now exposed agg, or coloured concrete. Plus we are in the land of thongs, stubbies, and laid back labourers, so things are cheaper here. mmm... Melbourne I should of added the Metro city factor... every thing x 2.

Thanks Andre

Regards
Shane
Forgive me,

But what is the Metro city factor??

The metro city factor, lets see… in QLD I find that there can be a difference of any where between 10 to 20% between the Sunshine Coast and Brisbane. There is more work in the metro areas hence a greater demand for trades (supply and demand) plus, longer travel time to and from sites, dearer dumping fees and so on. I call it the City metro factor.

Make sense? I don’t know what else I could call it?
Related
29/08/2023
Sandstone crazy paving quote

Landscape & Garden Design

I had 28m2 of engineered pavers laid six months back and it was difficult to find someone not taking the pi$$. Internet suggested it should be $85-100/m2 to lay them.…

26/12/2023
Paving Concrete Over Termguard Pipes

Building A New House

As most others have posted above the install isn't compliant. The pipe is meant to be covered in loose soil or sand, the pipe has holes in it that leaks out a termicide…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum