Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Help on plants

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

I'm not familiar with plants, so the terms used might not be right...

Can anyone suggest a plant (succulent) that has the following characteristics...
1. rosettes to about 30-50cm wide
2. it doesn't spread
3. the plant stay as close to the ground as possible
4. has the rosettes that is "neat" like the following pics

thanks!!
The "doesn't spread" part is a big ask.
It's easy to just separate off any extras and move them or give them away....

Maybe Fu has an idea?
Found this in the nursery today...

Key Features: Eye catching spiraling growth pattern to foliage
Size: 15-20cm x 1m
Position: Full sun
Growth Rate: Medium
Botanical Name: Aloe polyphylla
Synonyms: None known

Description: A very showy succulent. Leaves are soft, flexible and are grey green in colour. Spreading in a spiral from the centre out to one metre in diameter when mature.

Cultural Notes: Prefers well drained soil. Drought tolerant. Will handle coastal conditions. Very low water requirement once established. Little or no maintenance required.

Landscape Ideas: Makes a great feature in any garden and is an ideal rockery plant. Also looks fantastic in large decorative pots.

Water Miserâ„¢ Guide Very low water requirement once established.
Ooh, I want one!
I want an aloe in my garden
oooh I love that spirally one hysterical! How much were they charging for that one?

Is aloe the same as aloe vera? My over the back fence neighbour gave us an aloe vera plant as a housewarming/welcome gift
donuts
oooh I love that spirally one hysterical! How much were they charging for that one?

Is aloe the same as aloe vera? My over the back fence neighbour gave us an aloe vera plant as a housewarming/welcome gift

I just looked it up, there are different kinds and the one you want for aloe vera lotion is actually called aloe vera or medicinal aloe - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aloe_Vera That's the one I want to get
donuts

This is one of the types of aloe vera... i think
The one I saw in the nursery wasn't big, probably about 15cm wide, can't remember how much but don't think it is expensive.

Found the same one in gardenexpress.com.au, did not mention how big it is, cost $5.80
thanks for that. My aloe vera is probably about the same size, but definitely not that pretty!!!
yeah there are loads of aleos. That one is very very thorny and I don't like handling them in nurseries. They always seem to bite me

echeverias would be your best option.
http://www.thesucculentgarden.com.au/echev.html
Related
25/01/2024
Plants for Pool in Melbourne

Landscape & Garden Design

Murraya could be a great option for you. It creates a great tall screening hedge but doesn't drop fruit like lily pilly. The flowers smell divine.

8/07/2023
Need help with flooring options

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi there, I'm a conplete newbie to this, but I'm looking to put a floor down in my 6x9m shed. It's currently sitting on a 100mm thick concrete perimeter (dirt floor…

25/04/2024
Owner Builder : Need some help

Owner Builder Forum

Hi VK, Think it's worth investing time in an Owner Builder course to equip you with basic knowledge on Australian Building Industry and its regulations. Also, I suggest…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum