Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Drain in garden path????

Page 1 of 1
My builders have started to landscape our front courtyard and have made a foot path to the front door. I am kind of in shock, as there is a massive drain grate right in the middle of it. Surely this is some sort of OHS risk? and they can't leave it like this???

What were they thinking? How the hell am I and my visitors going to be able to walk on the path wearing heels???

Doesn't look straight either.

It also reminds me of a cattle grate. Your version will keep out stiletto wearers...
Good God what WERE they thinking....and it does look crooked.

We have one of these down our side path, but it's right at the end of the path, certainly wouldn't want one at my front door. It looks pretty permanent to me M!ssy and I don't know how you could change it now, but I would be giving it a damn good try. I wouldn't be one bit happy.
Oh no M!ssy!
I would not be happy at all either! Surely they could have put one of those strip drain thingies down one of the sides instead?
Did you get any drawings of the landscape plan, and if so was the drain on them?
Missy,

Looks like pavers...is it?

If so its an easy fix...

Even if it is concrete it is still fixable but harder.

It is definately crooked and will need to be fixed either way.

It is also far too large for that area. A drain half the size would be plenty..

Hope that helps!
Thanks for the replies. Yep not really happy.
I haven't seen a detailed plan for the rest of the landscaping, so maybe it is all part of a bigger plan I don't know about yet, but if its not and that is my entrance, going to see what can be done. Would not like to be sued by someone who has tripped on it and broken bones.

Emailing the builder now....
Related
11/08/2023
Path around drop edge beam

Paving & Concreting

Hello everyone, After some suggestions and ideas about how to put a concrete path around the drop edge beam area on our new build. We are required to have a concrete path…

27/01/2024
Porte cochère - separate pedestrian gate/path?

Building A New House

Thank you so much for your response. I have drawn a pedestrian gate in - for curb appeal, let's see how much costs come in at. I think you're right - if we decide to…

16/01/2024
Side path options

Landscape & Garden Design

Hi all Following the recent heavy rainfall in Sydney, I am keen on redirecting water away from the house's base as much as…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum