Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Rainwater tanks down hill

Page 1 of 1
Hi all

Can anbody of give me the best answer to a rainwater tank problem.

The house is set on a sloping block and the best position to put a rainwater tank is almost to the very front of the house as that is the down hillpoint and the down pipes come down from the 2 storey gutter to that position.
However the area that I want to irrigate is up the top of the block ie the backyard.
If I have the tank somewhat down hill I will have to pump the water up to the high point to feed a dripper system if so what type of pump will I need as I need to raise it by about 4 metres.

Or do I have a small collector tank with a float switch system inside that every time it rains it pumps the water upto the top of the block into a larger storage tank that would then gravity feed the dripper system.

thanks for your input
As you are in melbourne, I would strongly suggest you go talk to Reece P.lumbing in their Irrigation division. Take all your measurements, plans etc, and they can talk you through it. I wen to the one in oakleigh about 6 months ago, and will start my garding in June this year, based on their information. I would think that you do not need another tank up top, you just need a suitable pump to handle the head hight (I think this the term describing how high you need to pump the water vertically).

talk to Reece, they were excellent i their information.

Adrian B
Related
3/01/2024
Rainwater tanks in BAL FZ

Building Standards; Getting It Right!

Thank you it really does, appreciate your response!

5/12/2023
Rainwater Tanks not filling in light rain

General Discussion

That was always going to be a challenge and a test of patience. Full marks to your mate. Did you discuss the wet area near the trampoline?

1/10/2023
Queries on Rainwater Harvesting

General Discussion

There is a whole lot more to know than just the answers you seek but they are a good start. Overflow outlets have a mosquito proof mesh. These…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum