Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Can anyone identify this plant? Pleeeeze...?

Page 1 of 1
I picked up a bargain today at the local nursery. A trolley full of slightly heat-affected plants for $50. I calculated their value at around $300. They're barely damaged at all and a bit of TLC will see them right in no time.

There's just one with no tag that I can't identify, and I'm hoping someone can tell me what it is:

The leaves are slightly fleshy, unlike cordylines and similar plants. I suppose I could call at the nursery and ask them.....but that would take effort.
Looks to me like a Dracaena draco, but I'd wait til the professionals make an appearance before making any decisions!

If it is a dracaena, you're in luck--they're wonderful trees, tend to grow up a certain distance (if my memory serves it's typically 2-3 metres), then branch out to create a nice canopy, growing up to 5-7 metres tall. Only drawback is that it takes decades!

Here's a page with pictures of mature dracaena trees.

--Mike
Thanks Cynarion - I think you're right.

This was really a steal - it's priced at $95.... so even without the two yuccas, the strelitzia, the large alpinia, the decent-sized palm and the two small cacti, $50 was an absolute bargain!

Most of these are going in the back corner of the yard. I just have to figure out my final landscaping plan before I start planting anything.... Fun!
sure is

I'd say shade grown rather than sun because of the weeping leaves.
Ah, don't we love a great bargain
so happy for you. Hope these plants will bring you joy.

Maggie
Related
30/09/2023
Indoor Plant Pots

General Discussion

Can anyone recommend a good place to order indoor…

20/06/2023
Builder has not done something - can I ask for a variation f

Building A New House

I work with owner, he/she is my man on the ground and I instruct them when to visit the site and take photos and I have other tools in the bag.

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum