Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Soak Well Suggestions

Page 1 of 1
Finally got the Soakwell at my house sucked out. Now I’m looking for ideas on how to hide it as it’s a bit of an eye sore. I’m thinking I’d like to turf over the top and install a riser with a small grate so in heavy downpours water can overflow. I’d probably have to core drill a hole into the concrete lid to do this.

I’m also getting mixed comments on what to do with it. I’ve heard of filling it with stones and geo and demolishing the lid but I’ve also heard this will just reduce the capacity. Keen to hear some suggestions for how to hide it.

Also, the well has no holes in the side. Based on the stones in the bottom, I think the only way for the water to drain is through the bottom.

https://imgur.com/a/nA0kEuh
Related
21/06/2023
Dry Well in the backyard

Landscape & Garden Design

It's possible but a soak well is usually much larger. Your 'soak well' only holds 424 litres when full. What is your soil type? Soak wells need sandy soils.

10/07/2023
Need suggestions for home improvement

Renovation + Home Improvement

Hi, Looking to add an ensuite to one of the bedrooms and make it a Master BR. Please see the attached current floorplan. Need suggestions on what's the best way to do…

12/11/2023
Suggestions for acrylic render Color

General Discussion

Suggestions please for acrylic rendering Color to match austral brick urban one pepper. Pic for reference. Thanks

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum