Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Frontyard Shed

Page 1 of 1
Does anyone know if it's possible to put a shed in the front yard and if it needs approval from council?

We have a limited backyard but loads of front yard space and want to have a shed to store tools and gardening stuff.

We are in Sydney

Cheers
There are a number of possible issues:

Hi bashworth,

Thanks for your reply. The idea is now abandoned as I enquired council (Hills area in Sydney) and it is prohibited to put a shed in the front yard no matter the size.

Guess will need to somehow find a spot to fit it in the rear.

Cheers
Kibukiri
Hi bashworth,

Thanks for your reply. The idea is now abandoned as I enquired council (Hills area in Sydney) and it is prohibited to put a shed in the front yard no matter the size.

Guess will need to somehow find a spot to fit it in the rear.

Cheers

what about a cubby house?

could get creative.
Related
15/06/2023
Internal sheeting of shed

Owner Builder Forum

Thanks. Yeh ideally that would have been good, but have progressed too far now. Hoping some well placed internal walls fixed up into the battens will provide some…

14/06/2023
Lining Shed

General Discussion

Hi, I am sheeting the inside of a 5.7 x 8m shed with gyprock. Unfortunately the shed wasn't designed for internal cladding but I have been framing it up as strongly as…

12/07/2023
Soil against brick shed

DIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

I'm in WA and our sandy soils make drainage a bit easier but this is what I'd be doing. Dig down to your footings and let the wall dry out. Clean it all well by brushing…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum