Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Options for Retaining Wall Sloping Hill

Page 1 of 1
Howdy all. I am looking for feedback on what people would do to maximise and make an area as flat as possible. First, out the front of the house is a sloping hill, pretty steep. I dug out the top area, first and second photo, and originally planned on doing the usual sleeper retaining wall. This flattened out the top nicely and originally was what I was going to do.

However, I've been wondering if I should go a little further. Out the side of the house is a "garden" area with a rock retaining wall, next photo. There's two rock retaining walls there as it staggers the height. I'm wondering now if I should remove the bend and straighten out the lower retaining wall and bring it through to the front to connect to the retaining wall I planned to do out the front. This would remove a large chunk of an area, which has a fence running over it. Obviously, I'd have to do something with the fence but that garden area is a waste.

Obviously, the other issue is the rock retaining wall connecting to a sleeper retaining wall, would look totally crap if the two "met" half way etc. Anyway, I'm just looking for ideas. First, do I just put a sleep retaining wall out the front and call it a day. Second, is there something I can do with the garden area and straighten that retaining wall to connect out the front. Also, anything I do naturally will be within council guidelines etc. I'm currently just trying to look at what options there are etc.
Related
7/03/2024
Retaining wall to garage wall

Building A New House

Thank you again Simeon.. I will call my certifier for that. Have a good day

11/09/2023
Building a Duplex on Sloping Block in a flood planning area

Building A New House

Give Jonathan a call. Tell him you know me. He is in my opinion the best surveyor I have ever worked with. His number is 0425 285 622 All the best Simeon

22/11/2023
Volume Builder Recommendations - Sloping block - Melbourne.

Building A New House

i did click it, still couldnt make it out rofl. in any case, doesnt look like too extreme a slope, you may be in luck. Just shoot out some emails to volume builders in…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum