Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Help with empire zoysia

Page 1 of 1
Hello

Came across this forum while trying to find a cause/solution to my problem with my lawn. I have read through some threads but im still unsure of what the issue is with my turf.

A bit of background info.
- live in Brisbane
- empire zoysia
- turf was only laid about 3 weeks ago

It looks ok overall but there are some strips that were used that just doesnt look great...i have attached a couple of pics.

Anyone know what i can do to fix this? Is it even a problem?

https://ibb.co/Cv8zkxC
https://ibb.co/jZyBmN6
I wouldn't worry about it just yet.

Make sure its getting enough water, if in doubt you can run a roller over it and make sure that the strip is making good contact with the soil below.

A good test is to try and lift the strip, at three weeks the roots should be growing down and it should resist you pulling it.

In the worst case scenario where it dies the rest will slowly fill in from the sides anyway.
Short answer is - its not a problem.

Long answer is - its been 3 weeks. the gras hasnt had a chance to establish, grow, be cut, grow, homogenise etc. If it looked like this in a year it would be a fair question. It should grow in and look consistant as more time goes by
Thanks all. I will ignore for now.
Related
20/09/2023
Does this concrete perimeter raise any concern? Help please!

Paving & Concreting

i had the my concreters concrete right up to the fence. I have pits all along my path, so the water tends to drain away from the house and into the pits. There's only one…

8/07/2023
Need help with flooring options

Flooring & Floor Covering

Hi there, I'm a conplete newbie to this, but I'm looking to put a floor down in my 6x9m shed. It's currently sitting on a 100mm thick concrete perimeter (dirt floor…

25/04/2024
Owner Builder : Need some help

Owner Builder Forum

Hi VK, Think it's worth investing time in an Owner Builder course to equip you with basic knowledge on Australian Building Industry and its regulations. Also, I suggest…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum