Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Actual Landscape differs from council Landscape plan

Page 1 of 1
Hi,

We have just moved in under a partial occupational certificate to the house, we are doing the landscaping now so that we can get full OC.

The only issue is that our landscape that we are constructing now is different to the plans issued to council. The driveway is a little different, the fence is a little taller, and the plant arrangement is different. Has anyone had expirience with this and ran into issues when going for full OC or will they just sign it off as long as it is neat and tidy.
Will entirely depend on the Council. We'd probably be in deep doodoo with our Council but others may be OK.

With the fence, check the regs with your Council as there may be maximum heights you need to meet - especially around driveways.

With your plants - again you might want to check. I know our planning permission/building permit state we have to have certain types of plants in particular locations. If we changed the actual species and mix I think we'd be OK as long as we still met those conditions.

Check what your permits state on everything and make sure you meet those requirements. If unsure, check with Council.
I'm just astounded that a local council can specify what you grow in your garden.
That's an absolute overreach.
Althom
I'm just astounded that a local council can specify what you grow in your garden.
That's an absolute overreach.

Tell me about it! They're even trying to tell us what our neighbours have to have in their yards...
How long does it apply for?
Do they come around every 6 months or so to make sure you're not growing something you shouldn't?
Althom
How long does it apply for?
Do they come around every 6 months or so to make sure you're not growing something you shouldn't?

Once you get OC, they wont ever check again
Related
6/07/2023
Cumberland Council (NSW) setback requirements

Building A New House

This was on google. Development controls 2.3.1 Front setback D1 New buildings within residential areas shall adhere to a front building line, which is 5.5-6m to the…

23/11/2023
Maximum Garage Width - Narrow Lot (Willoughby Council NSW)

Building A New House

Thanks again for this information. If you do hear anything different, would be great to know >

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum