Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Hand tamping grade around slab edge.

Page 1 of 1
I'm working on the slab perimeter and am going to put in a 900mm gravel skirt around the house on top of some geofabric. I've got an ag-drain at about 900mm so I want to grade it from the slab to the ag drain. I've bought a hand tamper.

The level around the slab is uneven so my question is how do you go about adding fill and tamping it. Do you just put more soil / clay in the depressions near the slab and simply tamp it on the slope/?

Trying to work out if just the process of tamping is enough for the water to flow away or I need particular materials e.g. heavy clay. Am I just trying to ensure the water doesn't pool next to it, but it's always going to get some water soaking in and that's OK?
I would be using builders plastic rather than a geofabric and then stabiised sand (1 part cement to 20 parts sand)
Related
11/08/2023
Path around drop edge beam

Paving & Concreting

Hello everyone, After some suggestions and ideas about how to put a concrete path around the drop edge beam area on our new build. We are required to have a concrete path…

28/12/2023
$13,500 staircase and we get grade E timber.

Building A New House

Staircases and sausages. Should thou wish to keep thy palate sweet for sausages, avert thine eyes from their crafting.

27/02/2024
Veneer bricks 30 y.o. house - 3 courses under grade

General Discussion

Interesting. You have great clearance to damp proof course all the way around which is rare with so many cowboy landscapers and concreters. Is there sufficient fall…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum