Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Lemon Myrtle help - yellowing leaves black spots

Page 1 of 1
Hi everyone, I hope you can help!

My lemon myrtle sapling (backhousia citriodora) has developed dark brown/black spots on yellowing leaves (please refer photos). I bought the plant late last year and have had it potted outside in full sun in Adelaide. It is planted in a good potting mix (cannot remember which one, around $8 a bag).

When first planted I watered in twice with seasol a few weeks apart and through the winter I did not water at all - my moisture meter never dropped below half in this time.

A number of times I have plucked off quite a few of the leaves which were suffering to try and stop the spread(?), but that doesn't seem to have worked.

I have heard about myrtle rust, but I don't believe this is what it is (perhaps someone with more experience can correct me?), also I don't think myrtle rust has made it to South Australia. To me, it doesn't look like it matches the description.

Does anyone have any advice on how I can get this plant healthy again?

Thanks,

Harry.

Related
10/07/2023
Orange rust spots one driveway

Building A New House

Very common on rendered homes Smaller suppliers get the lower quality raw materials

7/09/2023
Black Main Entrance Door in North East-Facing House

Building A New House

The warning is on the sticker on the door too. Second the aluminium powdercoat

10/12/2023
Small black specks appearing on new white Caesar Stone

Kitchen Corner

Thankyou for your advice. We do have Caesar coming out and hopefully resolve the issue for us.

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum