Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

My vegie garden and backyard

Page 5 of 14
Aaron & Erin
I'd cover the top too. We have birds trying to get into our chook pen and eat the food. I remember birds attacked our last veggie garden! If it were bunnies, they'd have left no trace of green left!

Ahh interesting! I need to get some more wire to finish it and then i was going to tie plastic bags to it
Looking awesome Lisa!! I'm following along with interest now cos we want to start our vegie beds soon too once the yard is levelled next week.
oh lisa,

I can't read the pics you posted in the latest two posts ( your seedlings and the attack). Some strange codes just appeared!

However, I could read the pics you posted in the first few pages.

What should I do?
I've changed the location of the photo's Nott! They should work now
If you get some bird netting and tossi tover the top that should do the trick-and it's easy to remove when you need to.
Thanks Lisa so much, now I can see your vegies.

My ground cover in the front just gone, together with a few stick-like silver bush
. I must use something to protect them quickly. As Erin said, the rabbit chewed the whole plant!

Now, I hate rabbits!
Nott

My ground cover in the front just gone, together with a few stick-like silver bush
. I must use something to protect them quickly. As Erin said, the rabbit chewed the whole plant!

Now, I hate rabbits!

I think you need to build a GREAT WALL

make sure its visible from space too

That should keep the rabbits out
^^ ^^
@ mecha!
Could be cutworm. They would be in the soil. They will chew through the plant where it meets the soil

Have a squiz...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cutworm
Might help with what I am talking about
Nott

Now, I hate rabbits!

They are eating my Gaura out the front (stop cheering Fu!) and digging holes all over the place
what are they digging for??

at the great wall comments!
oh lisa, you've that problem too.
What plant did it attacked at the front?

I have heard putting a ceremic owl ( like those from Bunnings) would keep the rabbits away, but I don't like the look of it.

well, Fu, I think mine was done by the rabbit(s).

Some leaves turned like that a few weeks before.

The buds got chewed first:

Now this plant was left nearly with bare stems. pathetic.
So much for Myxomatosis
Fu,

i checked from google that maxi. is a disease (? ) in rabbit. So you mean my plants are affected by that ?
Nott
Fu,

i checked from google that maxi. is a disease (? ) in rabbit. So you mean my plants are affected by that ?

No! Myxo was meant to kill the rabbits - they would catch it off each other and die - he is basically saying that the scientists got it wrong and it doesn't work anymore
Hang on Nott I'm getting confused here. This is lisannes thread?

and yeah, Myxi is a rabbit virus.
Stupid fricken fracking little @#$!@#$!#$%#%^#$%&#%$&#$%@#$@

As I mentioned, I hadn't completely enclosed the vegie beds in the wire yet... well now I dont' have any vegies left to really worry about stupid fackers!! They have been digging to china in my vegie beds! -sigh- time to buy new seedlings next pay
Oh no
naughty rabbits

BTW your post reminded me - I saw rabbit on sale at Leo's tonight. Hmmm haven't had them in years. Tasty little critters.
Oh Lisa.....

Fu- I can still eat the wild ones though, right?
Rabbits are the number one pest to farmers in this country - unfortunately the ones you buy in the shops would be farmed ones
Related
22/05/2024
backyard retaining wall and raised garden bed render

General Discussion

thanks chippy! here is the back of the wall which has not been backfilled yet. Here is the same back of the wall taken from the other end, behind the steps. As you…

11/08/2023
Landscape backyard on a slope land

Landscape & Garden Design

Need advice on the backyard plan above. Should I excavate and cut all of the dirt to level with the house slab or semi-excavate as per photo above? Both left and right…

31/12/2023
Backyard retreat or Granny Flat?

Renovation + Home Improvement

I think I know the answer but just checking to see if anyone has had experience with it. I want to build a small 20 square metre retreat in my backyard, it will have a…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum