Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Château TDL: The Backyard Chapter...the rains have come!

Page 3 of 4
looking good tdl
very good
Couple of colorbond moments in the backyard from the weekend

...and June 2008

I bet you hardly slave over it as well.

Way better than a McGarden
Love it TDL
Love it
That does look sensational, the plants are doing well!
Great work!!
Can I exhale now?

BRILLIANT!

You're going to have all those Colourbond moment people fainting all the time, better keep a bottle of smelling salts on hand.
beautiful TDL, it looks great I bet you and the family get heaps of enjoyment out of it.

what's that tree in the 2nd last pic coming out of the pinky flowers, just to the left of the water tank?

am flattered to be part of your signature
Thanks for your kind words....and very happy with the progress of the plants

@Fu...yep minimal work because I prefer a less "structured" garden...my theme is ...umm...er...."green".

donuts
what's that tree in the 2nd last pic coming out of the pinky flowers, just to the left of the water tank?

An ornamental pear which will be unlikely to see the end of winter...stupid plant....very disappointing.

Once it's loses it's leaves it will be re-bare rooted and planted elsewhere or I may not bother with it at all...I give plants 12 months if they don't like their home I generally find a less pleasant place for them...it has a green lid!
to_do_list

An ornamental pear which will be unlikely to see the end of winter...stupid plant....very disappointing.

Once it's loses it's leaves it will be re-bare rooted and planted elsewhere or I may not bother with it at all...I give plants 12 months if they don't like their home I generally find a less pleasant place for them...it has a green lid!

The yard is looking good!
That's some impressive growth since the last update.

to_do_list
...I give plants 12 months if they don't like their home I generally find a less pleasant place for them...it has a green lid!

Me too. I binned three plants yesterday. I gave them fair warning; scolded them a couple of months ago and told them if they didn't perform they'd be compost.

Who can be bothered with namby-pamby plants that want constant attention?
TDL, Can I suggest a fantastic tree for that very spot? Well stuff ya cause I'm gonna Anyway

Ginkgo biloba

Loves the heat, loves the cold and is one of the most ancient living things alive on earth today. It has a leaf structure that predates plants that have complex veins running all over the leaf. The Gingkos have straight veins like grass does. Old, very old.

It would rock in that spot.

A Chinese Tallow would as well
A beautiful yard TDL!!! You should be very pleased with yourself
Now get inside and put some pants on!
buzz
A beautiful yard TDL!!! You should be very pleased with yourself
Now get inside and put some pants on!

What do you think he used for a tripod?
truly fabulous
suh
truly fabulous

What the tripod or the garden?

Tony Abbott will be jealous TDL

Go the gingko, an edible plant good for the memory

Tastes like you know what
but worthy
I certainly don't want to remember that picture two posts above...eeeeewwwwww
Gorgeous TDL!! Thats exactly what I want!!
Eager
What do you think he used for a tripod?

Fu Manchu
Tony Abbott will be jealous TDL

My eyes... my eyes... arghhhhhhhhh!!!
Related
21/06/2023
Dry Well in the backyard

Landscape & Garden Design

It's possible but a soak well is usually much larger. Your 'soak well' only holds 424 litres when full. What is your soil type? Soak wells need sandy soils.

11/08/2023
Landscape backyard on a slope land

Landscape & Garden Design

Need advice on the backyard plan above. Should I excavate and cut all of the dirt to level with the house slab or semi-excavate as per photo above? Both left and right…

31/12/2023
Backyard retreat or Granny Flat?

Renovation + Home Improvement

I think I know the answer but just checking to see if anyone has had experience with it. I want to build a small 20 square metre retreat in my backyard, it will have a…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum