Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

ZEOLITE - SYDNEY SUPPLIER & PRICING see 6th post down

Page 2 of 2
Firthy_26
Hi Southies.

I can help you with this one.

I went to my local AG supplier on the weekend & bought 1 x 25kg bag of Zeolite. Asked him the same question about application rates. We eventually worked it out with some quick Math...

It said to use "1 - 2 Tonne per hectare". (I went for the more, the better)
1 hectare = 2.5 acres & 2 Tonne = 2000kg.
4,000sqm = 1 acre, so 10,000sqm = 2.5 acres.
I needed 100sqm worth so that is equivalent to 1/100th of 10,000sqm, which is 100..... Sooooo, 2000kg divided by 100 is 20kg. Think that's right??

It was $16.50 per bag as well.

Also our Bunnings had the Olsens Green Bio, which suprised me. It did take a while for the girl to find it over the phone though.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Mike.

I was told I'd need a min of 2 bag for my 100 m2 lawn area. the bags were 10kg size. The bags of spongolite were 15kg. I also added 2 bags of this to my 100m2.
What's "DL"?
Dynamic Lifter - chook poo.
thats a good price for the zeolite firthy_26
I emailed Globe in Melbourne after my inquiry to Zeolite Aust was ignored, and they said they supply the 20kg bags for $35 + GST and to have the bags delivered to me was $20 (or I could pickup free from Oakleigh). This was for ZeoGreen.
Wonder why there is a price difference?

I have approx 100m2 and am looking at 50 - 60kgs (would have bought 2 25kg bags but decided on 3 of the 20kgs). I am not using Spongolite so I doubled the application. Considering our soil is mostly clay I didn't think it would hurt to have more rather than less.
First_Timer_Ray
I emailed Globe in Melbourne after my inquiry to Zeolite Aust was ignored, and they said they supply the 20kg bags for $35 + GST and to have the bags delivered to me was $20 (or I could pickup free from Oakleigh). This was for ZeoGreen.
Wonder why there is a price difference?

I have approx 100m2 and am looking at 50 - 60kgs (would have bought 2 25kg bags but decided on 3 of the 20kgs). I am not using Spongolite so I doubled the application. Considering our soil is mostly clay I didn't think it would hurt to have more rather than less.

You can get Zeolite from Bulleen Art and Garden - call them for a price (www.baag.com.au)
Bulleen is a bit far for me to go just to get zeolite (50kms away).
The reason I emailed the suppliers was actually to try and get a store closer to me, but Globe will sell direct from their offices or send it to you.
Hi,

Can I still apply zeolite on an established lawn?

Thanks
Dont forget perlite. Perlite will do wonders for aerating the clays.
yeah you can apply soil amendments to gardens and lawns.
It can be counter productive depending on your personal methods for lawn care.
The best idea is to core the lawn, then apply an amendment. Like zeolite. It will go into the cores and by doing that over the years ahead, bit by bit, they begin to change the way the turf grows and soil behaves
Perlite might be a go another time and spongolite another time. Top dress with an organic compost lightly every few years, or every year if you wanted. Stop using pesticides on it. Stop using fertiliser. No fungicides. Then use molasses, seasol, powerfeed, home made compost teas and ditch the catcher from the mower and that lawn will get better and better
Also cut it longer. 40-50mm is great
Most contractors cut to 10cm
Sorry for reviving this old thread.

I am in sydney and need to buy some zeolite after having read of the benefits here.

But I cannot seem to find any suppliers in sydney who stocks zeolite.

Anyone here from sydney know where I can get it?

Thanks.
Hey Tim, I picked up 3 x 25kg bags from Enfield. https://www.petandgarden.com.au/potting ... olite.html
morse
Hey Tim, I picked up 3 x 25kg bags from Enfield. https://www.petandgarden.com.au/potting ... olite.html

Thanks, Much appreciated.
Related
17/05/2024
Stacked stone style facade feature tile installation pricing

Building A New House

Good day everyone, I have two queries regarding stacked stone style facade feature tile installation. 1. I am looking for an installation price guide to install stacked…

18/02/2024
Electrical and plumbing plans post hand-over?

Building A New House

If there have been changes, variations, during construction then the drawings should be revised, the building permit amended and the current, as built drawings given to…

7/03/2024
Best rust killer/converter for galvanized steel post

General Discussion

That just protects from further rust, l want first to apply a rust converter or rust killer to kill the rust thats there, whats the best one for galvanized steel

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum