Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Costa's Garden Odyssey on SBS

Page 2 of 3
I have already got Vasili's link in the veggie thread
But this is a Costa thread
next Thursday night at 8pm folks
SBS1
remind us closer to the date Fu my brain is like a sieve atm. say umm wed night and thursday early evening please
OK
Well tomorrow night, 8pm.
It's Costa time here in the West in a couple of mins! SbS ready, set , go!
I wish it went for 1 hour!
interestingly edible landscapes seems to be the push. Just like Fu has been plugging.

I'd forgotten some of the plants he mentioned in my garden planning. I used to have Curry plants, nasturtiums, thyme, rosemary in my last home. Love the idea of a row of curry plants and a thyme border is a great idea.
Mmm, curry leaves....thanks for the reminder! Must track a plant down. The grey-leaved ones usually for sale in nurseries here are the wrong kind entirely - we use the smooth green-leaved ones in Sri Lankan dishes.

Another plant to add to my ever-growing list!
Great show, thanks for putting us on to it Fu!

And I agree, would be better if it went for an hour.

Really keen to see the outcome of the racetrack backyard!
So could you use the gray ones for curries? Or does it just smell of it?
Also whilst I like the beard and it fits in with the naturally growing thing it's a bit out of controll isn't it? I mean when those kids turned around in their garden and saw him, the small one look scared. It looks like palm pot liners with a mouth.

Great show though!! Never miss it!
kek you are looking for the very close relative to Murraya paniculata, Murraya koenegii

Should find it ok and I would have to say you could grow it in Melbourne with occasional frost damage but it wouldn't harm it
Guys the show can't go for one hour long. The reason being that the size of Costas beard tiers him out. He has to do 30mins or it's just to much for his head and neck
kek
Mmm, curry leaves....thanks for the reminder! Must track a plant down. The grey-leaved ones usually for sale in nurseries here are the wrong kind entirely - we use the smooth green-leaved ones in Sri Lankan dishes.

Another plant to add to my ever-growing list!

Hey Kek i saw this on gardening oz the other week about the curry murraya, looked very weedy;

http://www.abc.net.au/gardening/stories/s2816576.htm
They make good hedges, the full botanical name is above
hubby said no to a front garden veggie display(however my theory is) , "What he doesn't know won't hurt him."
loved those purple snow peas. Are they always purple or was it a specific variety? My dad always loved sweat pea flowers and I'm the same but these had pretty red flowers and edible pea pods instead of the poisonous sweat pea ones.A bonus in my book. My dad passed away 6 years ago this year. he spent ages trying to get sweet peas to grow at his house and they finally flowered when he died. of course we dropped sweet pea flowers into his grave.
Folks if you loved the show have a listen to this. It is about 40 mins but the chap speaking is a world authority
Please have a listen
maybe save it and listen in the car off the ipod or on the bus to work

Very related to what Costa is and does

Maybe pop the kettle on. They are wise words

Click the link, then click the mp3 in the link

The Great Monty Don

http://92.52.112.178/web/sa/saweb.nsf/a ... enDocument

and this one
http://www.abc.net.au/local/audio/2010/ ... 839315.htm
I'm sorry but last Thursday nights Costas was great but that farmer with the roadkill pit was the worst!! I can't stop thinking about it!! Dead snake on top cow guts and dead rabbits. It was awful. Imagine the smell!! I know the "juice' would be great for the garden but really. A dead animal stew in the back yard!! No thanks!!
I thought the roadkill tank was awesome. Get some powerful liquor off that. Dont know how you go about collecting roadkill though, I have a 150km journey home to and from work every Mon morning and Friday night, just chuck the dead roos in the boot I suppose and get them out when I get home.
Any body want to buy a roadkill car ?
Related
1/03/2024
Native garden plans

Landscape & Garden Design

Fig Landscapes has produced an e-book and native plant index, available for purchase from their website. It's a great resource, full of inspiration and tips. Another…

27/03/2024
Vertical Garden Kitchen splash back design

General Discussion

Our Bondi Greenwall was impressive from day one with advanced lush plants to provide a wow factor to this recently renovated living area. The boundary was less than 1…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum