Join Login
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design

Landscape design - KDR (sekisui house ) Burbank - ST George

Page 10 of 15
Jealous...
We’re waiting on neighbour on upper side to fix their broken down pipe. Then we can get fence done with retaining under. Then driveway and concreting. Maybe it’s silly but was thinking to do in this order because a small path with the same colour through concrete as driveway will be done to boundary. And we need that fence up for that path.

Is that silly? Any better ideas?

ehhc
Jealous...
We’re waiting on neighbour on upper side to fix their broken down pipe. Then we can get fence done with retaining under. Then driveway and concreting. Maybe it’s silly but was thinking to do in this order because a small path with the same colour through concrete as driveway will be done to boundary. And we need that fence up for that path.

Is that silly? Any better ideas?

Wait for your neighbour to fix their downpipe. you don't want to inherit problems later.

For me already feeling very exhausted too much going at the moment. Last week was retaining wall, side gates and moved small potted plants, this week driveway, small meeting with SS today, sensor light problem last night.

The driveway guy wanted us to pay by cash!!! I was so scared carrying cash with me. This is not funny!!! I don't wants to get mug!
For a big job like driveway, payment is either bank transfer or credit card .... this old guy wanted cash payment.

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?f=31&t=81624
Landscape Thread : viewtopic.php?f=19&t=86133
Driveway formwork at current stage, concrete pour after council check up tomorrow. I must admit and glad that hubby pushed for wider driveway as I was wanting more garden space before. Now that I can see the scope of driveway I'm very happy with the size.
Also no more searching for car parking at night time.

Looks great I’m sure you will get a good driveway with hindsight I wish we had sourced a driveway ourselves after handover

Wow, you have to replace the whole length of the footpath?

trimum
Looks great I’m sure you will get a good driveway with hindsight I wish we had sourced a driveway ourselves after handover

Yeah just before we sign contract we found that cheaper to do driveway our self. Sekisui was charging too much.

ehhc
Wow, you have to replace the whole length of the footpath?

Yap! 15.24m length of footpath

We have added Problems after driveway formwork. Last Sunday hubby worked very hard to laid down telstra and electrical conduit pipe along the main water pipe coming from the street towards garage. In the process of digging trench my son broken the water pipe. This evening we went back to check out driveway formwork as well as to find out if telstra conduit pipe is easy to access. Guess what we can not even see the end bit of conduits so started to dig up near where we thought it may be but we cannot find pipe at all. I have a feeling that conduit pipes are under the formwork. now it will be totally use less if we cannot access and find the end of conduit to be connect for telecommunication. Will have to check again with concreter tomorrow. If comes to worse ... poor hubby just have to dig another trench for conduit pipes.

What a pain!!

It’s gotta be there.... you’ll find it

Maybe you could ask the excavator to umm, knock over the metal fence
lol lol

ehhc
It’s gotta be there.... you’ll find it

Maybe you could ask the excavator to umm, knock over the metal fence
lol lol

Well those conduit pipes are under the formwork just a matter of finding the end part.

We have requested very nicely to our neighbour that we wanted to replace that metal fence.
They don't even have to pay... we are willing to pay for replacement... they insisted we don't change it. They are very silly. not happy to keep that metal fence. Really I can reuse those metal fence on the side of the house to hang orchid pots.

Not a day go by without a drama.

Very early this morning 6:30 am hubby went to site to dig up conduit pipes that were buried under formwork . 6:30 am is very early for us ( with full respect to all early starter out there) when he got to site, concreter and concrete truck were already there ready to pour out concrete mix.
He stop them on the spot and frantically started to dig out conduit pipes and of course the old guy was not happy as my husband removed timbers and reo mesh to dig.
And hooray he did managed to find conduit pipes that were buried under sands and reo mesh and manage to pull out the end bit.

So far they have only finished area from the boundary to garage roller door. Still waiting for council to check work for footpath and cross over. They are coming back tomorrow to complete job.

I can tick off driveway as part of landscaping plan... hehe

Its a shame I can't drive on it to move more pot plants.

Ok the next job to do is fill up nature strip with top soil and put grass on.

And that pile of dirt next to the driveway have to be wheelbarrow to the back to fill up big planter box.

I'm off to Bunnings to buy wheelbarrow tomorrow.

This pile of soil was moved by two removalists. They worked for one hour....and all that soil got moved to the back. We were so happy they turn up late in the day. So we have paid them double what they have ask for.

Soil from front of the house moved to the corner front of planter box... didn't go too far.
We will have to fill up with top soil before lawn.
In the planter box will be good garden mix.
Before I start levelling, I will have to remove rocks, rocks.... there are rocks every where.

Screed finished yesterday for tiling at alfresco.

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?=31&t=81624
4m3 of Garden soil mix for planter boxes.

Build Thread : viewtopic.php?=31&t=81624
Visited Downes Wholesale Nursery at Theresa Park. I really enjoyed driving to the nursery. Our trip was well worth it.
They have so many different varieties of plants.
I only got 5 different types of plants. I wanted more but didn't fit into car any more.

- 15 × Philodendron xanadu 150mm $7 each. (right side upper corner)
- 17 × Michelia figo Port wine magnolia 200mm $8.50 each. (left side)
As soon as I saw these Port wine magnolia I wanted to plant at the front instead of dwarf lilly pilly.

1 × Tibouchina 25lt $35 each
1 × Camellia Sasanqua pure silk 25lt $45 each
I needed 7 of these but only ended with one as I have no room in my car.
At Downes Wholesale Nursery at Theresa Park.
Related
29/06/2023
Landscape Design Parramatta NSW

Landscape & Garden Design

Landscape Design Parramatta We have been doing a large amount of landscape design work in Sydney…

22/01/2024
Regarding Burbank Bricks

General Discussion

Hi All, Recently we have signed a contract with Burbank and we are not aware that they have just DORSET, SURREY, HAMPSHIRE, KENT, PILBARA and REDGUM bricks from PGH are…

21/09/2023
KDR - Home Equity Loan vs Construction Loan

Home Finance

The biggest challenge will be if you take out a loan and then run out of money - you'll have an incomplete security and lenders do not like this so you can get stuck.…

You are here
Building ForumLandscape & Garden Design
Home
Pros
Forum