Join Login
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

How to know if Garage Sectional Door is level?

Page 1 of 1
I'm wondering if anyone can give me any tips on how to understand if my garage sectional door unit is level.

It has the motor mounted to the ceiling, which follows rails that hold the door at the ceiling height, and which travel towards the front of the sectional door.

It's generally noisy even though I had it serviced around 6 months ago.

Any help would be appreciated!

In my experience, they are always noisy to a degree, but it depends on whether you think the noise is different from when it was first installed, and exactly what is making that noise. As far as I can tell, the only necessary level is across the door, which yours seems to be because it lines up with your bricks (unless your brickie did a bad job). I'm not quite sure why you are measuring the level of the motor?
Thanks for replying so quickly! I though that the top bar would have to be stable as it drags the door all the way up.

Is there a way that I can measure all the way around somehow to see if it's square and the right distance from the bricks and ceiling, or should I just leave it?

Related
18/07/2023
Current thinking on garage floor level with house floor

Building A New House

isn't a garage level with the rest of the house a given? pretty sure they 'came around' long time ago. if you have a flat block, the garage is usually level with the rest…

10/09/2023
Laundry door placement v split level stairs

Windows & Doors

Move your linen into laundry and access laundry from your present linen space

26/08/2023
Dover white or surfmist garage door

General Discussion

Dover white or surfmist garage door. I am having trouble choosing a garage door. The outside of house will be tranquel retreat. I want it to all blend nicely however I…

You are here
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair
Home
Pros
Forum