Join Login
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Crimsafe Triple Lock Door Mechanism Adjustment

Page 1 of 1
Has anyone else experienced the same problem I am having with my Crimsafe front door lock mechanism? It used to work fine but gradually the upper claw lock started to slightly catch on the other door (it is a double doorset) and now it is sometimes quite a battle to get out using only the little snib lock lever. This seems to be getting worse. Using the key from outside is usually OK. All three parts of the lock mechanism appear to operate together but the upper and lower claw locks appear linked and although the upper one catches, the lower one seems fine. I wondered if they are linked by some arrangement that is adjustable and this may be a simple task to remedy. I didnt want to start taking it apart until I knew more about what is involved.

Any ideas anyone? Thanks for anything you can suggest...
Have exactly the same problem. Have had the locksmith out twice now. He reckons they're just crap locks. I've found you need to keep them well lubricated. Silicon lube seems best.
Related
20/12/2023
Theft and Vandalism at lock up stage

General Discussion

sure. its the builders problem.

26/04/2024
Pivot door vs. hinged door?

Windows & Doors

920 was enough to get the furniture in. We live in a pretty safe area and it’s great to see people walking to the front door. We’re not too fussed about people…

1/08/2023
Double glazed sliding door recomendations? (Melbourne)

Windows & Doors

I’m in a similar position except I’m after sliding 3 stacking doors. I am on a second-story apartment of which the balcony would not adequately fit any bi-fold or…

You are here
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair
Home
Pros
Forum