Join Login
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Cleaning fresh walls

Page 1 of 1
I have recently painted our house with dulux wash and wear ( antique white usa) . After we painted we had our timber floors sanded back and restained. now my question is what is the best way to clean the dust off the walls ? It looks to me it wont just brush off. What do people suggest or have done in pass? Please help as my wife is on my back .

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk
Any one??

Sent from iPhone using Tapatalk
If its only fine air-born dust, a feather duster should suffice.

Should it be necessary and if your paint has cured a month or more a light wash with cold water
I wiped our walls with damp clean cloth. Even though its wash and wear it shows the wipe marks. I would try dusting it off.
Deansta
Any one??

FWIW you did post this at 6:30pm on a Saturday night and then bumped at 6:30am on Sunday morning.

As far as cleaning goes define recent please?

If the paint is more than 1 month old there shouldn't be any problems using warm water with a small amount sugar soap in it. I've used sugar soap to clean wall before re painting and they come up good.

First off though I'd be trying to remove as much dust as you can with a duster first. If there is too much dust it will just clump up with the water and make it harder to clean. You could also try a microfibre cloth between the duster and washing.
Related
20/06/2023
Gutter cleaning tools for concrete tiled roof.

General Discussion

No, I even have sections of narrowness where the tiles won't slide up any further. When I manage some spare time, I might play around with the first DIY part of my…

2/05/2024
Cleaning

Outdoor Living

Yep, efflorescence as mentioned above. You could look to clean it with a "acid" based cleaner and then seal with a penetrating sealer. This may not stop it entirely but…

23/03/2024
Strange noise in the walls

General Discussion

Nope, only on the inside, I've literally has my ears to the brick outside and can't hear anything. I can sort of 'reset' the noise by pressing firmly on the studs. This…

You are here
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair
Home
Pros
Forum