Join Login
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Cleaning Polished Porcelain Tiles ... what do you use?

Page 1 of 1
Hi,
We have just finished building our house and will be having handover on Tuesday. We have polished porcelain tiles throughout the main living areas of our house.
Can anyone help me with their tips for cleaning these. I know that a steam mop is a no-no
as it will destroy the grout. Should I use a swivel style microfibre mop? What do you use?? What brand is best??
I would love your help
Thanks
How To Maintain and clean your tile and grout on a regular basis!
Step 1. Vacuum or wipe the surface to get rid of dust or grit that could scratch.
Step 2. Damp clean
Clean the area with a damp (not wet) mop – preferably microfiber.
Add some neutral pH 7 chemical to your warm water buy at a cleaning supply store we recommend Supa Star from research products, The mop will ‘grab’ the surface and lift off most daily grime. Use some pressure to work the mop! Than dry the floor with a bath towel or terry towel, (try not to let the area you just cleaned dry on its own!) This is a very important step in keeping tiled floors and grout squeaky clean. Tip! Once you wet mop a floor the dirt is now emulsified and towel drying will remove the now dirty liquid leaving your tile and grout clean and free off contamination. Remember moisture evapourates dirt does not.
Whatever chemical you use, make sure to read the label first to ensure that it is a pH 7 Neutral floor cleaner as higher pH chemicals can re soil floors faster due to not being rinsed off after use. Hope this helps.

Craig
Thanks for the tips
Related
3/06/2024
clean outdoor porcelain tiles

Outdoor Living

I’ve just had some outdoor textured porcelain tiles installed, and they’re already getting a bit dirty from all the trees and leaves that are around. I’m looking at…

12/04/2024
Can you use plasterboard for window jambs, reveals, sills?

Windows & Doors

Plasterboard Gyprock is very popular as a reveal liner these days. You need to provide a way of supporting it, we use a modified timber reveal or bracket. You will be…

20/06/2023
Gutter cleaning tools for concrete tiled roof.

General Discussion

No, I even have sections of narrowness where the tiles won't slide up any further. When I manage some spare time, I might play around with the first DIY part of my…

You are here
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair
Home
Pros
Forum