Join Login
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Hang 10kg mirror on dry wall.

Page 1 of 1
We bought the below mirror that we want to hang on the wall. Stud is not aligned to the position where we want to hang.

https://amzn.asia/d/2X6VIC1

This the hooks provided. We can use some dry wall hooks with high weight rating.

Has anyone done this successfully?

I got the below one from Bunnings, but the hook is bigger than the hole on the frame on the mirror.

https://www.bunnings.com.au/zenith-40kg ... lsrc=aw.ds

Any suggestions?
firstly, this is sold to you as a floor mirror. Considder that for a moment.

If you want to still hang it, there are lots of options for hanging stuff on drywall. But the simplest and best options i have seen for heavy objects is the 3M Claw. You could use some framing/hanging wire from one side to the other and hang the mirror via wire on a single central claw.
You can get it from bunnings and there are lots of videos for it online. SImple, effective and minimal damage to the wall.
In Australia we call it plasterboard or gyprock - not 'drywall'.
supersleuth
In Australia we call it plasterboard or gyprock - not 'drywall'.

doesnt matter. we know what was being refered to. So...
Ditto 3M Claw, expensive but best thing I've used to date. I put two of the 11kg ones in for a 12kg mirror on the wall, and its been great for 4 years now.
Related
18/05/2024
ceiling hook to use to hang Xmas lights under Eaves

Building A New House

Which ceiling hook to use to hang Xmas lights under Eaves in 1st floor in 2 storey façade (no…

21/06/2023
Dry Well in the backyard

Landscape & Garden Design

It's possible but a soak well is usually much larger. Your 'soak well' only holds 424 litres when full. What is your soil type? Soak wells need sandy soils.

7/03/2024
Retaining wall to garage wall

Building A New House

Thank you again Simeon.. I will call my certifier for that. Have a good day

You are here
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair
Home
Pros
Forum