Join Login
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Render cracks

Page 1 of 1
Hi all, penny for your thoughts. I moved I to my Mojo charisma house 6 months ago. We went with Hebel, acrylic render and Hamptons facade. Build went well, no complaints with the process.
The past 3 months cracks in the render are popping up in multiple areas. I understand expansion joints are more prone to this but I have about 5 no where near the joints.
I have the defect list meeting later this week with Mojo and have flagged it to them. In preparation for the meeting I am hoping for some insight from others and or experts whether I have a leg to stand on for repairs of the render if Mojo are dismissive.
I understand clay in Sydney moves a bit but the slab was made accordingly. If cracks are common and just too bad I should have stuck with brick 😕
We have cracks in our render. They are very thin, so we kind of live with them. However, because they are so thin, just paint should be able to cover them.
kplukjan37
I understand clay in Sydney moves a bit but the slab was made accordingly. If cracks are common and just too bad I should have stuck with brick 😕

Hey kplukjan37 Welcome to the forum
You will need to monitor the cracks and it
would have been a good idea if you took slab levels during construction and had them checked
Now the builder will claim they are out of warranty maintenance problems and your landscaping is probably to blame?
yes. it would have been better to have stuck with reinforced masonry...
Thanks for your input arcadelt and structuralBIM guy. I did have an independent inspector review the slab during the build with no concerns raised.
I also haven't done any landscaping yet so the yard hasn't been touched since then. Hopefully that might help my argument. Is this common after a few months using Hebel and render ?
Related
4/10/2023
Mending cracks in render

General Discussion

Do you have a scope of works? If have texture on wall now, the patch will show through The standard for repair of texture is to patch, re-texture corner to corner,…

18/01/2024
Facade Render cracks

General Discussion

The mesh is often stuck on wall first then rendered over, which means it does nothing Not to specifications Get a scope of works in writing before start, needs to be…

2/07/2023
Cracks Where a Wall Meets the Ceiling in garage

General Discussion

It sounds like you have a crack in your garage where the wall meets the ceiling, along the shadow line on the…

You are here
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair
Home
Pros
Forum