Join Login
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair

Steam Mops ? Cleaning a house with so many tiles

Page 2 of 2
I bought the Kenwood C5000. Will never use a mop again! Amazing job. Goodbye MOP!
Micro fiber and a low Ph detergant will do the trick..

Cool Hand Lukes
Great thread! I suggest if you do not want streaking than you need a neutral cleaner pH7 you can find at your local cleaning supply shop and you do not need to rinse the floor afterwards. The trick is to use the old stringer mops, I love them and you should buy one at your local cleaning supply shop, forget about coles and woolies they only sell the cheapy mops.

The trick is to make sure your cleaning fluid does not dry out on its own remember water evapourates but dirt does not. In regards to steam mops they are good to use but they build up soil on the pads to quickly than all the dirt just sits in the porous grout. If you dry sweep or vaccum first than this will help just make sure you dry that area before moving onto other areas.

If you want a simple floor machine that works very well than I suggest the mini floor polisher we use it all the time very easy to use and it scrubs the floor and dries the floor. Here is the link they are not cheap but well worth it.
http://www.totalsupplysolutions.com.au/ ... sher-great

Check out my website on how to maintain tiled floors. http://www.groutperfect.net.au/easyweb3 ... ntaingrout

hope this helps.

Craig
I have almost white porcelain tiles, i use kenwood steam mop then a quick dry mop to give it a sparkling clean.
I would like to introduce a best review steam mop in Australia.

HAAN Steam Mop SI-A70 Multi Cleaner.
http://www.k2a.com.au

Wouldn't it be nice to convert a steam mop into a smaller unit to sanitize counters, stoves, walls, bathtubs, windows and hard-to-reach areas? Now you can! The HAAN Multi transforms from a fully-functional steam mop to a handheld steam sanitizer with a touch of a button. Specially designed handheld attachments are also included to take on your most difficult cleaning tasks. The HAAN Multi features a swivel-head design for maneuverability, easy-fill water tank for convenience and is ready to use in 20 seconds.

The HAAN Multi kills 99.9% of household germs, bacteria and dust mites without chemicals.

- Removable Hand-held Steamer
- Fully Functional Steam Mop
- Swiveling Low Profile Head
- Removable Water Tank
- Machine Powered Steam Pump
- Ergonomic Handle
- 15 Steam Jets
I've had a steam mop for years and am on the fence about them. When my kids were babies & toddlers I liked using the steam mop because the floors dried very quickly, whereas mop & bucket leaves wet floors & my son would play with the bucket of water if I used that. But it was no good for a quick mop up when you've had a spillage because it takes a while to heat up. And when doing the family room & kitchen it would usually run out of water. After refilling you have to wait for it to heat up again. It was a bad design actually because you couldn't just top it up before starting, you had to wait for it to run out. The other problem was the pad getting too dirty so you'd have to change it a couple of times & then, what load do you add a filthy mop pad to? And if you need to mop again before you've washed it? But maybe new ones are better.
for me - traditional mop / bucket works
Grout Perfect
Great thread! I suggest if you do not want streaking than you need a neutral cleaner pH7 you can find at your local cleaning supply shop and you do not need to rinse the floor afterwards. The trick is to use the old stringer mops, I love them and you should buy one at your local cleaning supply shop, forget about coles and woolies they only sell the cheapy mops.

The trick is to make sure your cleaning fluid does not dry out on its own remember water evapourates but dirt does not. In regards to steam mops they are good to use but they build up soil on the pads to quickly than all the dirt just sits in the porous grout. If you dry sweep or vaccum first than this will help just make sure you dry that area before moving onto other areas.

If you want a simple floor machine that works very well than I suggest the mini floor polisher we use it all the time very easy to use and it scrubs the floor and dries the floor. Here is the link they are not cheap but well worth it.
[b]Floormac All-In-One Mini Floor Scrubber & Polisher - Great on tiles, carpet, timber, marble, porcelain, vinyl & much more

Check out my website on how to maintain tiled floors. http://www.groutperfect.net.au/easyweb3 ... ntaingrout

hope this helps.

Craig

Hello Craig and everyone

Your post is over a year ago, do you still consider that floor machine as the best choice? I also think $1k for Floormac All-In-One Mini Floor Scrubber & Polisher is expensive
but if it is still the best solution, then I also consider to purchase it

After more than 2 months trying to clean by traditional mob/bucket works, I know I must find out a cleaning machine for our over 150m2 living tiles. I'm now shopping around for our good choice. If you have known a good tile cleaning machine, please share with me. Many thanks for your help!
kikichan
Grout Perfect

[b]Floormac All-In-One Mini Floor Scrubber & Polisher - Great on tiles, carpet, timber, marble, porcelain, vinyl & much more

hope this helps.

Craig

Hello Craig and everyone

Your post is over a year ago, do you still consider that floor machine as the best choice? I also think $1k for Floormac All-In-One Mini Floor Scrubber & Polisher is expensive
but if it is still the best solution, then I also consider to purchase it

After more than 2 months trying to clean by traditional mob/bucket works, I know I must find out a cleaning machine for our over 150m2 living tiles. I'm now shopping around for our good choice. If you have known a good tile cleaning machine, please share with me. Many thanks for your help!

Yes I sure do, it is the best floor machine around at the moment. I have many of my customers who have purchased one and they all say how fantastic it is. You can simply mop on or spray on your floor cleaner agitate with the pad attached then throw a towel under it to dry the floor.

Craig
I made my husband sit through the TV infomercial for a steam mop. He isn't convinced.

Mum has one of those "Shark" steam mops & is going to bring it over and do my floors.

The grey shows up a bit of dirt, but it will settle down once we get turf down and our Golden Retriever is outside again.
Related
14/12/2023
So many builders going bust, how's King homes/Fowler homes?

Building A New House

I would never build with Fowler homes. I built with them in 2021 and till date maintenance issues are pending. All their existing trades and businesses don't work with…

14/12/2023
How many builders are on this forum?

General Discussion

They already have two well known ones (HIA & MBA) that many new home buyers mistakenly think are regulatory bodies that Joe Public can complain to.

20/06/2023
Gutter cleaning tools for concrete tiled roof.

General Discussion

No, I even have sections of narrowness where the tiles won't slide up any further. When I manage some spare time, I might play around with the first DIY part of my…

You are here
Building ForumDIY, Home Maintenance & Repair
Home
Pros
Forum